The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
tinom1234
New Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Duly noted. I feel better now. Smiley Happy

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 311 of 5,432
Joesh
New Contributor

oops i think i jumped the gun

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within six months since increasing the line of credit on one of your existing American Express accounts.

how does this make sense?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide-Discussion-Thread/m-p/...

My 3 month CLI was on January 26th

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 312 of 5,432
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

oops i think i jumped the gun

Our bank policy does not permit us to increase the line of credit on your account within six months since increasing the line of credit on one of your existing American Express accounts.

It happens.  I got all scientific on it at my 61-day.  I noticed Amex posts the last login time when you log in.  So I logged in, out, and back in.  It displayed three hours ahead in Eastern time and I am in Pacific, so technically the web server thought it was tomorrow.  I thought I'd found a loophole... Negative Ghost Rider.... had to wait for the next day.

My 181-day CLI is Friday, and though the excitement from day 61 has since waned, I'll still try for 25K this go-round.  THEN I'm done.

Message 313 of 5,432
Joesh
New Contributor

Yeah... by my calculations this was my 199th day... **bleep**?

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 314 of 5,432
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Do you have any other AMEX cards?

Message 315 of 5,432
Joesh
New Contributor

no... only cards i have are in my sig

Message 316 of 5,432
Joesh
New Contributor

Interesting... so it said it was declined I guess because the one I previously sent through 12 hours ago when I got the error message "system down, etc - try in 24 hours" actually went through. so now my application that i sent in earlier has just emailed me back and says "Pending", but when I check my AMEX card online it shows my credit line is $24,600! Does that mean my request went through (sans $400) and I am in the clear now?

Message 317 of 5,432
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand about this 3x CL increase. I thought AMEX had no pre-set spending limit.  I've had my Green Card since 2001 and that's what is listed for the limit. In December of 2011 I was offered an additional pay-over-time feature for purchases over $100. But in September 2012 they took the feature away for reasons that made no sense like payment record but I had paid on time every month.

Message 318 of 5,432
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

@Reighn9 wrote:

I don't understand about this 3x CL increase. I thought AMEX had no pre-set spending limit.  I've had my Green Card since 2001 and that's what is listed for the limit. In December of 2011 I was offered an additional pay-over-time feature for purchases over $100. But in September 2012 they took the feature away for reasons that made no sense like payment record but I had paid on time every month.

This is for the revolver cards like the BCE not the charge cards

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 319 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

Interesting... so it said it was declined I guess because the one I previously sent through 12 hours ago when I got the error message "system down, etc - try in 24 hours" actually went through. so now my application that i sent in earlier has just emailed me back and says "Pending", but when I check my AMEX card online it shows my credit line is $24,600! Does that mean my request went through (sans $400) and I am in the clear now?

Yup it means your initial request went through and you got CLI to $24,600 congrats Smiley Happy. If possible please provide the data points as that is going to help fellow members down the road.

Message 320 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.