Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Sorry I didn't get it.

So the new credit card will count as a CLI?

Do you mean to say I'll need to apply after 5 months from now because I got a CC last month?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 601 of 5,432
CraveMazda
Contributor

Need advise. My 60 day is coming up or could have actually passed... but I wan to pull the trigger. My initial CLI is $11K - should I ask for $33K in hopes they counter or will they auto ask me to fill out that form asking for taxes? Should I just ask for $25K and be done with it? 

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 602 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cowboyguy wrote:

Sorry I didn't get it.

So the new credit card will count as a CLI?

Do you mean to say I'll need to apply after 5 months from now because I got a CC last month?

No, new cards are not CLI's. 

Message 603 of 5,432
Untitled
New Contributor

So if my account opened on 12/24, can I request the 3X today or do I need to wait till tommorow?

Message 604 of 5,432
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

Tomorrow is your 61st day

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 605 of 5,432
Untitled
New Contributor

Response in 7 - 10 day message Smiley Sad

Message 606 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Untitled wrote:

Response in 7 - 10 day message Smiley Sad

Isn't your 61 day tomorrow?

Message 607 of 5,432
Untitled
New Contributor

No, it was today (Sunday) according to the link in the 3X thread. I may have jumped slightly early, but it's already past midnight. 

Message 608 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Untitled wrote:

No, it was today (Sunday) according to the link in the 3X thread. I may have jumped slightly early, but it's already past midnight. 

They are on MST 

Message 609 of 5,432
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Tried for a 3X CLI today on my Delta Platinum. Not approved. Will wait for letter and then recon, not sure why as the reasons provided online sound a bit generic. Reasons given for denial were "overall debt with other creditors listed in your credit report" and "credit limits on your American Express cards is high in relation to your reported income".  I'm showing very little debt currently (less than 2% at best, would need to pull latest report to confirm) and my total AMEX limits across 4 revolvers (3 personal and 1 business) is $47,000. The one business AMEX revolver limit is $15K and sees very heavy use but always PIF. Reported personal income is $106K. 

I could understand if they pointed out total available credit as it's at least 2.5X my reported income but a good portion of that credit limit is on business cards that do not report. My AMEX Platinum for business gets heavy use but it's always PIF well before due date.  

Received this card 6/24/2012 with original limit of $2K. Requested CLI on this card on 12/20/12 to $5K and was approved. Requested a CLI on another AMEX card (business Delta Reserve) on 6/9/13 from $5K to $15K and was approved. 

Message 610 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.