Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

@09Lexie wrote:

Sorry for the decline. There isn't a recon -so to speak- for CLI's. You can try again in 90 days. As you indicated, you were carrying balances, opened new TLs and although paid, those tax liens are still reporting.  If these are federal liens, I would suggest using the Fresh Start Program to have them withdrawn. 

As as to why EX is showing 653 and EQ 691- they are different scoring models and it sounds like your util/new TLs were weighed heavier on EX. 

Thanks Lexi.  The balances will deff be paid down dramatically over the next few months.  I'm going to pay off as many as I can with only letting 1 or 2 cards report.  That makes sense about the scoring models. 

The tax leins are State of CA.  I know some people have successfully petitioned to have them removed.  They are valid and they would be under no obligation to remove them.

Back to the garden for me for at least 3-4 months Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 621 of 5,432
Boragard
Established Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

uh oh, my 61 days is in 9 days!  I literally just paid off 4 credit cards including the AMEX TE, now 8 of 9 are will report zero.  The only card with a balance is my AMEX green with $68 posted and $100 pending which will be paid once it finally posts... Current limit is $2800, I have paid off my TE in full since I got it last month only charged about $100 in January and $220 in February.  Do you guys think I will be approved for my 3x CLI?

Message 622 of 5,432
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Sorry for the decline. There isn't a recon -so to speak- for CLI's. You can try again in 90 days. As you indicated, you were carrying balances, opened new TLs and although paid, those tax liens are still reporting.  If these are federal liens, I would suggest using the Fresh Start Program to have them withdrawn. 

As as to why EX is showing 653 and EQ 691- they are different scoring models and it sounds like your util/new TLs were weighed heavier on EX. 

Thanks Lexi.  The balances will deff be paid down dramatically over the next few months.  I'm going to pay off as many as I can with only letting 1 or 2 cards report.  That makes sense about the scoring models. 

The tax leins are State of CA.  I know some people have successfully petitioned to have them removed.  They are valid and they would be under no obligation to remove them.

Back to the garden for me for at least 3-4 months Smiley Happy

PM Lexie 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 623 of 5,432
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

uh oh, my 61 days is in 9 days!  I literally just paid off 4 credit cards including the AMEX TE, now 8 of 9 are will report zero.  The only card with a balance is my AMEX green with $68 posted and $100 pending which will be paid once it finally posts... Current limit is $2800, I have paid off my TE in full since I got it last month only charged about $100 in January and $220 in February.  Do you guys think I will be approved for my 3x CLI?

Can't address whether they will approve you.  What did your reports, and probably EX, look like the last time they sp'ed you?  That is the sp they will use not what you look like on your 61st day.  Good luck and let the 9 day courtdown begin Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 624 of 5,432
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Today's my 61'st day but I'm not really in good shape so It'll be months before I attempt the 3x CLI. 

I got both my BCP and PRG Jan 1. I haven't even used the BCP once ... still trying to reach $2000 spend on my PRG before 3 months are up ... 

EX score is 700, was 735 when I applied. Overall uti is 34%, I have 85% on a Chase Freedom thanks to college tuition. I'll try to get that card down to less than 50%, and my score hopefully back up to where it was when I was accepted-maybe use the BCP exclusively for 2 months and PIFand give this a shot

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 625 of 5,432
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kaskuli wrote:

Today's my 61'st day but I'm not really in good shape so It'll be months before I attempt the 3x CLI. 

I got both my BCP and PRG Jan 1. I haven't even used the BCP once ... still trying to reach $2000 spend on my PRG before 3 months are up ... 

EX score is 700, was 735 when I applied. Overall uti is 34%, I have 85% on a Chase Freedom thanks to college tuition. I'll try to get that card down to less than 50%, and my score hopefully back up to where it was when I was accepted-maybe use the BCP exclusively for 2 months and PIFand give this a shot

Happy birthday and good luck when you do try for a CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 626 of 5,432
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

?

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 627 of 5,432
frankietown
Established Member

Hey guys,

So my girlfriend just got approved on the 61 $2k -> $6k and I am really happy for her. It got me thinking, I never got my own CLI at the 61st day.

Is it too late now? I already have $15k, should I even bother increasing it at all? If i do, what should I request? (I think asking for $45k is just ridiculous lol)

Thanks for the info.

AMEX BCE: $22000 | nov 2013 ### DISCOVER IT: $6500 | nov 2013
CHASE FREEDOM: $7000 | nov 2013 ### CHASE CSP: $7500 | nov 2013
us bank college: $1000 | feb 2013 ### boa partial secured: $5000 | april 2013
GARDEN TILL: 11/2013 - 3/2015 CAUSE I DONT NEED ANYTHING!
Message 628 of 5,432
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

@frankietown wrote:

Hey guys,

So my girlfriend just got approved on the 61 $2k -> $6k and I am really happy for her. It got me thinking, I never got my own CLI at the 61st day.

Is it too late now? I already have $15k, should I even bother increasing it at all? If i do, what should I request? (I think asking for $45k is just ridiculous lol)

Thanks for the info.

If you dont mind sending in some tax/income docs I dont see why not. worst case they dont give you an increase or you decline the increase due to not sending anything in, medium case they counter, best case you get a 45k limit. I fail to see a downside

edit: Forgot to say congrats to you and the girlfriend for the great limits!

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 629 of 5,432
frankietown
Established Member

@afinch1992 wrote:

@frankietown wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info.

If you dont mind sending in some tax/income docs I dont see why not. worst case they dont give you an increase or you decline the increase due to not sending anything in, medium case they counter, best case you get a 45k limit. I fail to see a downside

edit: Forgot to say congrats to you and the girlfriend for the great limits!

Well i was too scared, so I asked for $25k, they countered with $22k. I'll take it as my CLI Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE: $22000 | nov 2013 ### DISCOVER IT: $6500 | nov 2013
CHASE FREEDOM: $7000 | nov 2013 ### CHASE CSP: $7500 | nov 2013
us bank college: $1000 | feb 2013 ### boa partial secured: $5000 | april 2013
GARDEN TILL: 11/2013 - 3/2015 CAUSE I DONT NEED ANYTHING!
Message 630 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.