Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
A-NONYMOUS
Established Member

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Yesterday, I requested the 61 day CLI and recieved a secured message stating that I needed to wait 60 days. That was my fault for miscalculating.

Tried again today and got my 3x CLI from $2K to $6K Smiley Very Happy

Message 861 of 5,432
nikon3947

Ok I think I am coming up to my 61 day or already went past it.   When I look at my statement it says my interest will start on 9-13-2015 and if i calculated it right since i got 15 months 0% interest that I should done be past the 60th day.

But i don't want to try to early and be denied, What should I do? 

Gardening till 2015..
Message 862 of 5,432
nikon3947

Request a Line of Credit Increase Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

Ok I tried and got this message? 

Gardening till 2015..
Message 863 of 5,432
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

What are the chances I can get a 3X CLI if I never use the card during the 61 day period??

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 864 of 5,432
montoya83
Established Member

So this is the 2nd time I have requested a CLI the first one I did was on my 61st day and got the 7-10 day message. I then tried 90 days later and got the same message. When I called customer support they stated I was denied for "Credit Reduction" what the heck does that mean? My score has been the same as when I applied for my Hilton AMEX and I always pay off my card in full for the most part. I only have a 1k limit and I have a $150 balance... Not sure what else I can do any suggestions? My credit score is a 662 all my negative items on my report have been paid off as of last year but are still showing on my report but wont fall off anytime soon since most stick around for 7 years..

Chase SWAirlines 5k | AMEX Hilton Honors 2k | Capital Quick Silver 2k | Capital One 1.5k | Citi Hilton Reserve 7k
Message 865 of 5,432
newhis
Valued Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@MustangSaluki wrote:

To see softs, need to check official Experian credit report. If you have a report number handy, then you can use the same report number for upto 90 days and actually get an updated version of your credit report each time you check online! Lately my experience has been that viewing report resets the 90 day expiration too. Example I have been using the same report number that I originally had in October, because I check my reports weekly.

It used to be considered a loophole, but knowledgeable CSRs will tell you about this great Experian service.

To check your softs, go to www.experian.com and click on "View Report Again" under "Additional Services & Products -> Credit Report Assistance" or Click this to go there directly

This was great info! Thank you for sharing!

Wow, thank you. I had an EX report from 92 days ago, entered the information and got it without problems. I can see all new softs and more. This is great.

Message 866 of 5,432
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

So my initial limit was $10.5k.  My income is currently ~$50k.

I had requested $25k limit at the 90 day mark and was denied due to too much credit to income ratio at the time.  It's now like 6 months later (I set an Outlook reminder for myself).

I've probably put consistently $500 or so a month through the AMEX and PIF every month.

Any ideas on my luck at asking for a $25k limit again?  Last time they didn't even counter-offer.  The AMEX is currently my highest limit card.

Someone a few pages ago said they may cap your credit limit with them at 40% of your income which for me would be ~$20k.  Would I be better off asking for something like $15k and then $20k 6 months after that instead of asking for $25k and being denied right off the bat?

Utlization right is now <5% (possibly <10% at most depending on what shows up on my report if they pull it).  Only other debt is student loans and an auto loan.

Message 867 of 5,432
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

So my initial limit was $10.5k.  My income is currently ~$50k.

I had requested $25k limit at the 90 day mark and was denied due to too much credit to income ratio at the time.  It's now like 6 months later (I set an Outlook reminder for myself).

I've probably put consistently $500 or so a month through the AMEX and PIF every month.

Any ideas on my luck at asking for a $25k limit again?  Last time they didn't even counter-offer.  The AMEX is currently my highest limit card.

Someone a few pages ago said they may cap your credit limit with them at 40% of your income which for me would be ~$20k.  Would I be better off asking for something like $15k and then $20k 6 months after that instead of asking for $25k and being denied right off the bat?

Utlization right is now <5% (possibly <10% at most depending on what shows up on my report if they pull it).  Only other debt is student loans and an auto loan.

I am one of the proponents of the "Maximum CL = 40% Income" theory.  Asking for 20K certainly seems reasonable, especially given your excellent credit scores and that Amex saw fit to give you an initial CL of 10.5K.  Still, I'm somewhat puzzled as to why Amex didn't make you a counteroffer when you requested 25K.  Your idea about asking for 15K now (6 months) and 20K later makes sense, although I would be interested to see Amex's response to your testing the 20K level at THIS go-around! 

Tough call, I know!  Either way . . . GOOD LUCK!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 868 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the 61 day CLI...got the "Request a Line of Credit Increase Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. You will receive a written response within 7-10 days" message about an hour ago.

I did not have "good" credit when I got the card....although it more like no credit since the only thing bad was one 30 day  late payment, two and half years ago on my capitalone card, which has been closed for a year and half. Other than that I have 25K in student loans. My CK score was 655 when I got approved for this AMEX, after I got another Capital One card(I would have gotten it if I had know I was going to get an AMEX), again a week before.the AMEX was approved It was one of those "pre-aproved" mailers I got and prompted me to get it.

My CK score is now 622....I have UL of 70%....a Capital One with 500CL.....AMEX Cash w/ 2000 CL......no CLI thoughSmiley Happy If I get a better CLI on the AMEX, I will close CO since I hate them.

Message 869 of 5,432
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried the 61 day CLI...got the "Request a Line of Credit Increase Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. You will receive a written response within 7-10 days" message about an hour ago.

I did not have "good" credit when I got the card....although it more like no credit since the only thing bad was one 30 day  late payment, two and half years ago on my capitalone card, which has been closed for a year and half. Other than that I have 25K in student loans. My CK score was 655 when I got approved for this AMEX, after I got another Capital One card(I would have gotten it if I had know I was going to get an AMEX), again a week before.the AMEX was approved It was one of those "pre-aproved" mailers I got and prompted me to get it.

My CK score is now 622....I have UL of 70%....a Capital One with 500CL.....AMEX Cash w/ 2000 CL......no CLI thoughSmiley Happy If I get a better CLI on the AMEX, I will close CO since I hate them.

AMEX loves low UTIL, so this might be hurting your chances.   If denied, try to lower overall UTIL and pull the trigger again in 90 days.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 870 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.