Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@joeyoey wrote:

Well, I tried calling & they told me I was declined too but he was going to submit it for a manual review & I should know something in 24-48 hrs.  I'm going to try to not get discouraged.  I'm stil kind of new to rebuilding my credit & I'm kind of surprised they gave me one (let alone, two) so I'm going to just keep using it responsibly & hopefully if this one doesn't work out I'll have better luck in a few months.

Good luck!

Message 1261 of 5,432
madnutz
New Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

Well, I tried calling & they told me I was declined too but he was going to submit it for a manual review & I should know something in 24-48 hrs.  I'm going to try to not get discouraged.  I'm stil kind of new to rebuilding my credit & I'm kind of surprised they gave me one (let alone, two) so I'm going to just keep using it responsibly & hopefully if this one doesn't work out I'll have better luck in a few months.

Good luck and htanks for the heads up! I will try to do the same, let's post up our results once we hear back!

Message 1262 of 5,432
madnutz
New Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

I just called as well, talked to some guy that sounded like he was in a rush to get me off the phone, told me i was declined and had to wait 90 days to try again, I then asked him if I could have it manually reviewed. He told me yes but it would take 2 days before I would hear back, said thank you and hung up.

Message 1263 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@madnutz wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

I just tried & got the 7-10 day message too. 

According to my credit report this was opened on Oct. 30th so I think today is the 61st day.  I've used the card often, made multiple payments, & right now I only owe $32 on it (& sent a payment for that yesterday that hasn't posted yet).  My other Amex has a balance of about $600 (again, sent payment yesterday from bank to pay in full & hasn't posted yet).

So frustrated, this isn't how I wanted to end the year.  Smiley Sad

Same, I have a PRG and an Everday prefferred, I made 2k payments to each card early last week too! Smiley Sad I was not expecting the 7-10, I think mine was due to opening up about 5 other cards since i got the EDP and the 50+ util, please report back if you hear from them.  I did mine at 5AM MST and still no email or credilt limit change on the site, wonderinf f i should hit them up via chat

Uh oh, now ya got me worried, I have 6 or 7 new cards since approval + about 20 new INQs!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1264 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

I'm also curious, if you don't mind, what's your income, AAoA and time at current residence/job?

I have a theory AmEx internal system uses these factors as well

Message 1265 of 5,432
madnutz
New Contributor

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

I'm also curious, if you don't mind, what's your income, AAoA and time at current residence/job?

100k,1.8 years and 2 years at my current job and residence.  

Message 1266 of 5,432
tcr300
Established Member

Thought I would post this here, although I see many people posting in the recent approvals section... 

I realized yesterday that I was getting close to the 60 day mark on my Amex account.  After counting the days, I was seven shy of the magic number.   I figured that I would hit the button anyway,as I read hear that a decline due to being shy of the timeframe wouldn't hurt your ability to try again shortly after.  ( Assuming it was simply due to the age of the acct.)

Asked for the 3X online and was instantly approved for the full amount.  It certainly helps as my Amex starting limit was 3,900, which is much lower than most of my cards.  The new $11,700 limit now puts it above most of my cards, and is a nice New Years perk Smiley Happy

For those that keep track, I was at about 7 percent utilization at the time across the board, at least according to last month's reported balances on my reports.  Although in actuality I have paid the majority of that off, it just hadn't reported yet.  Paid my Amex in full long before the due date last cycle, and paid this month's charges on it a few days ago, again long before it would be due.

Annoyingly though, Amex hasn't yet reported the first time to any of the bureaus.  Does it usually take 2-3 full billing cycles before they report?

Cap 1 Venture | Chase Sapphire Preferred | AMEX EveryDay | Citi AAdvantage | US Airways Dividend Miles |SportsmansGuide Visa | Barclaycard Rewards | Cap 1 Quicksilver One | Cap 1 Platinum | Victoria Secrets | BOA Travel Rewards Preferred | Around 766 FiCOs currently
Message 1267 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@madnutz wrote:

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

100k,1.8 years and 2 years at my current job and residence.  

Thanks for the info! Income appears more than adequate although AAoA & length of job/residence may be considered marginal.

Only my personal theory

Message 1268 of 5,432
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@tcr300 wrote:

Thought I would post this here, although I see many people posting in the recent approvals section... 

I realized yesterday that I was getting close to the 60 day mark on my Amex account.  After counting the days, I was seven shy of the magic number.   I figured that I would hit the button anyway,as I read hear that a decline due to being shy of the timeframe wouldn't hurt your ability to try again shortly after.  ( Assuming it was simply due to the age of the acct.)

Asked for the 3X online and was instantly approved for the full amount.  It certainly helps as my Amex starting limit was 3,900, which is much lower than most of my cards.  The new $11,700 limit now puts it above most of my cards, and is a nice New Years perk Smiley Happy

For those that keep track, I was at about 7 percent utilization at the time across the board, at least according to last month's reported balances on my reports.  Although in actuality I have paid the majority of that off, it just hadn't reported yet.  Paid my Amex in full long before the due date last cycle, and paid this month's charges on it a few days ago, again long before it would be due.

Annoyingly though, Amex hasn't yet reported the first time to any of the bureaus.  Does it usually take 2-3 full billing cycles before they report?

I did mine today too and was approved, 2 whole weeks ahead of time. How long have you had your AMEX? 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1269 of 5,432
tcr300
Established Member

Literally 53 days as of that posting.  This was my first request for an increase.  The UTI boost comes at a good time, as I'm trying to tweek my score a bit before mortgage shopping.

I just need them to report to the credit bureaus heh.

Cap 1 Venture | Chase Sapphire Preferred | AMEX EveryDay | Citi AAdvantage | US Airways Dividend Miles |SportsmansGuide Visa | Barclaycard Rewards | Cap 1 Quicksilver One | Cap 1 Platinum | Victoria Secrets | BOA Travel Rewards Preferred | Around 766 FiCOs currently
Message 1270 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.