Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

Denied AGAIN this week for my 3x CLI with AMEX.  I'm starting to think they don't like me.  Smiley Sad

How does your comment help with my question?

You basically hijacked my reposting of this thread...

Thanks 

"hijacked"?  You do realize this thread is 154 PAGES long?  It's for discussing the 3x CLI with AMEX.  You don't get to post a question & "own" the thread until you're satisfied with the results.

Well at least I do not act like I own the forum.

However your useless comment shows up as the last statement thus the next person to view the thread is going to overlook my question.

You and Jt or whoever can go get a room....

Uh ryfly, you need to chill.  Neither of them did anything wrong and anyone can post in this thread.  You need to follow the guidelines set forth here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful/td-p/2797115

More than likely the reason your question was never answered was because its an impossible question to answer.  There is no way we will know whether Amex will request tax forms from you.  We don't know know your credit scores, your income or much of anything.  Even if we did you're asking people to guess.

Uhh Duhh, Irish80 I said my scores are 730 plus income ok it is 60K....

If you have actually read throuh the 154 pages there are plenty of people with some predictions as to what the limits are as far as tax papers are concerend....I just wanted to reconfirm with someone thats all.....

Message 1541 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude you need to relax. I haven't seen any type of hostility here until today.

To begin with, if you make 60k, how can you even think about requesting a limit almost as high as your income? If you can't prove the income, then don't ask for it. That's been discussed in the 154 pages.

Don't come here insulting other members just because you think your credit score and toy income deserve the entire forum's attention.
Message 1542 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BCP on March 20th.  I received and activated the card on March 27th.  I applied for the 3X CLI today (April 2nd) and was approved.  $5k->$15k.  

Message 1543 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the BCP on March 20th.  I received and activated the card on March 27th.  I applied for the 3X CLI today (April 2nd) and was approved.  $5k->$15k.  

Thank you Emergent for sharing at least you know how to read and reply.

Message 1544 of 5,432
faboo
Established Member

My wife is an AU on my BCP, she recently applied for the OBC. We got the card today, activated, 3x immediately to 25k

The instant 3x is alive and kicking 

AMX BCP 32k, AMX BCE 30k, Citi Prestige 17k, Citi DC 22k, Cap1 QS1 7.8k, Walmart Mastercard 7.5k Barclay Ring 4k
Message 1545 of 5,432
dabearsv2
Contributor

Wait, you can now request an instant CLI?! I was just approved for an SPG but my limit is rather low. Can I really ask for 3x? If I get denied does it restart the clock?
Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1546 of 5,432
dabearsv2
Contributor

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1547 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks good to know..also this sounds new CLI without waiting..
Message 1548 of 5,432
NRB525
Super Contributor

@dabearsv2 wrote:
Wait, you can now request an instant CLI?! I was just approved for an SPG but my limit is rather low. Can I really ask for 3x? If I get denied does it restart the clock?

You already have $22k on your BCP? What limit did you get for the SPG? Do the two together add to $25k? That may be the reason. You can of course request the CLI, but if it moves you over $25k then the chances of a request for 4506-T will go up, not that that's a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

To all posters, you can ask for the CLI soon after getting your card, but beware if your score has increased lately, AMEX will most likely want a SP on file that can support your CLI, and seems to not use the latest HP at all for these CLI requests. So if you've had recent radical score improvements, better to wait. If a stable score, then you can try quickly after getting the card.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 1549 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Emergent for sharing at least you know how to read and reply.

You're new here and not getting off to a good start.  

Message 1550 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.