Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Did you call or did it online?
Message 1611 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"3X CLI you can try from the day you get approved for the card up to anytime you feel like you want to request it.. Lets say you get a starting line and it is 5k... request 3x from time you get it to old rule use to be 61 days, but now you can request it at any time if your CR profile qualifies for it and your limit would be 15k... After another 180 days you can request it again 15kx3 and be at 45k. etc etc"

Ok so the approval just has to take place. I don't need my card in HAND.

TY . Here we go :-)

Wait for card in hand to do the 3x... Good SL though so that will be 13.5k when you get card

See other thread where CreditAddict answered that question and I concured regarding APR

CreditCur... should i do the online version or call the number on the card for the 3x?

Message 1612 of 5,432
alexl22
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you call or did it online?

If you were asking me I did it online, approved instantly

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 1613 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried again on ~100 day - got 7-10 (denied?), but it is only SP now (It was HP to TU and EQ and SP to EX about 100 days ago when I tried 61 3xCLI)

I just got snail mail from Amex with denial - too short credit history. But at least I got free EX FICO Smiley Happy

Message 1614 of 5,432
ldavner

Hey guys, I got my AmEx ED back in Feb (17th or 18th) and asked for a CLI last week. My initial CL was 7K but I only asked for it to be upped to 20k, got it back instantly. My question I guess is what is the highest you guys have/have seen people get up to? Not that I plan on anything crazy, more just wondering out of curiousity!

Message 1615 of 5,432
lsutigers
Contributor

I've had my amex blue for a little over a year. I started at 2k at 61 days I asked for the 3x and they bumped me to 5400. I waited six months and asked for another and was denied. I paid most of my credit cards off and got utilization down to 2% overall. Today I pulled the trigger I only asked to bring my limit to 10k and was instantly approved!
Message 1616 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Must wait 90 days if requested and denied.

Must wait 180 days if requested and approved. Smiley Happy

This is across all Centurion AmEx accounts right? I have had a TE  CL $4200 after a couple auto CLI's. I got a BCP in the last month, initially $5k, 3x to $15k successfully upon receipt of the card. I have to wait the 180 days on the TE, right? 

Message 1617 of 5,432
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

I was curious how did that ever turn out for you

Message 1618 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Must wait 90 days if requested and denied.

Must wait 180 days if requested and approved. Smiley Happy

This is across all Centurion AmEx accounts right? I have had a TE  CL $4200 after a couple auto CLI's. I got a BCP in the last month, initially $5k, 3x to $15k successfully upon receipt of the card. I have to wait the 180 days on the TE, right? 

Correct.  After your first CLI, you have to wait 180 days to try again on any Amex card thru Centurion.  It doesn't matter which card you received the first one on.

Message 1619 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

here's my CLI success story

applied and approved 4/15 for the Amex Delta Gold.

tried CLI from $14.5k to $24.5k and was instantly approved.

I did not want to cross the $25k limit since it might trigger financial review as it could be more of a headache.

Message 1620 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.