Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Just for kickers....

Tried Today - Day 62 - 7-10 days letter message. Tried lesser amount, same thing. Tried Spending Power and was given OK to spend 5K. Tried CLI to 5K, same message - No Cigar.

Originaly approved for 2500 CL 2 month ago. FICO EX Score 671 at that time. Added 3 TL(including Amex) of 26K, dropped Tax Lien in a process, Closed oldest CapOne Secured card. Now Fico 8 is down to 657. I think I got rebucketed in a proccess for not having TaxLiens and AAoA as well.

Will try in a few month, not a biggie.

Good News was I was able to get 3 CLIs from Discover in the same period of time.

S.

Message 3401 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SummerOf17 wrote:

Just for kickers....

Tried Today - Day 62 - 7-10 days letter message. Tried lesser amount, same thing. Tried Spending Power and was given OK to spend 5K. Tried CLI to 5K, same message - No Cigar.

Originaly approved for 2500 CL 2 month ago. FICO EX Score 671 at that time. Added 3 TL(including Amex) of 26K, dropped Tax Lien in a process, Closed oldest CapOne Secured card. Now Fico 8 is down to 657. I think I got rebucketed in a proccess for not having TaxLiens and AAoA as well.

Good News was I was able to get 3 CLIs from Discover in the same period of time.

S.

The "back out and try again" thing only works for the 4506-T request. "Check Spending Power" is not to be used, nor is it indicative, of an available credit limit. 

Let's say you used the CSP button for the 5k and made a 5k charge. They would allow you to make the charge, then when your bill came due next cycle, they would require a minimum payment that would include the entire amount over your already established credit limit. For instance, your CL is 2,500, you spend 4,965: your minimum payment would include the $2,465 you went over. 

Try for a CLI again in 91 days, meanwhile, use it heavily and make regular payments. 

Message 3402 of 5,432
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SummerOf17 wrote:

Just for kickers....

S.

The "back out and try again" thing only works for the 4506-T request. "Check Spending Power" is not to be used, nor is it indicative, of an available credit limit. 

Let's say you used the CSP button for the 5k and made a 5k charge. They would allow you to make the charge, then when your bill came due next cycle, they would require a minimum payment that would include the entire amount over your already established credit limit. For instance, your CL is 2,500, you spend 4,965: your minimum payment would include the $2,465 you went over. See, that I did not know, THANKS for the heads up!

Try for a CLI again in 91 days, meanwhile, use it heavily and make regular payments. 

I just called Amex and they said to try in 91 days as you mention here.

Thank You so much!

P.S. BTW, is there a link to AAoA tiers, I swear I've seen one before...

S.

Message 3403 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Amex Hilton HHonors card that I received in early June with a $2,300 limit.  While I did not need the CLI after perusing through this great thread I logged into my account and follwed the instructions for requesting a CLI. Put in the max of 3X and was approved. Smiley Happy

Still new around here so thank you for all the great info and tips.  Let's see what it does to the scores.

Message 3404 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Amex Hilton HHonors card that I received in early June with a $2,300 limit.  While I did not need the CLI after perusing through this great thread I logged into my account and follwed the instructions for requesting a CLI. Put in the max of 3X and was approved. Smiley Happy

Still new around here so thank you for all the great info and tips.  Let's see what it does to the scores.

Nice job with the 3X CLI.  As far as your scores, CLIs rarely do anything for your scores unless you are carrying high balances on low overall credit limits (high aggregate utilization).  Also, if you were approved in June I'm guessing that your card didn't report yet to the bureaus?  If not, you could see a score drop from AAoA and AoYA when it does report.  Just something to keep in mind. 

Message 3405 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SummerOf17 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SummerOf17 wrote:

Just for kickers....

S.

Let's say you used the CSP button for the 5k and made a 5k charge. They would allow you to make the charge, then when your bill came due next cycle, they would require a minimum payment that would include the entire amount over your already established credit limit. For instance, your CL is 2,500, you spend 4,965: your minimum payment would include the $2,465 you went over. See, that I did not know, THANKS for the heads up!

I just called Amex and they said to try in 91 days as you mention here.

Thank You so much!

P.S. BTW, is there a link to AAoA tiers, I swear I've seen one before...

S.

I've not noticed one... I would suggest using the search bar and selecting "Community" in the box next to it. AAoA isn't one of my specialties. 

Message 3406 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit 61 days today, asked and received a CLI from 1k-3k. Was certain after reading some posts they wouldn't increase my 1k in 61 days. While it is still one of my lowest CL, I love my BCE! My experian FICO is 725, AAOA 6 months, income $135,00. Clean on all bureaus just very new file. Everything has been in my husband's name until July of last year.
Message 3407 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hit 61 days today, asked and received a CLI from 1k-3k. Was certain after reading some posts they wouldn't increase my 1k in 61 days. While it is still one of my lowest CL, I love my BCE! My experian FICO is 725, AAOA 6 months, income $135,00. Clean on all bureaus just very new file. Everything has been in my husband's name until July of last year.

This is one of those strange occurrences where a 1k SL can get a day 61 CLI!! 

Congrats on the bump!!

Message 3408 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please give me tips on how to increase credit limit with Chase and Amex. I would like to increase my credit score close to 800's but feel like im stuck, my score is not moving .

Experian.com                               Credit Karma

Trans: 700                                    Trans: 670

Equifax: 688                                  Equifax: 708

Experian: 669     

Message 3409 of 5,432
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please give me tips on how to increase credit limit with Chase and Amex. I would like to increase my credit score close to 800's but feel like im stuck, my score is not moving .

Experian.com                               Credit Karma

Trans: 700                                    Trans: 670

Equifax: 688                                  Equifax: 708

Experian: 669     

Do you have an installment loan? Do you have any baddies in the last 24 months?

You can get all three FICO 8 scores from www.creditchecktotal.com for a $1. Just cancel subscription within 10 days.

Message 3410 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.