Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I had a balance on mine, and got a cli at 60 days.  In my humble opinion, might be more likely to get if use more.  I think you're good either way.

My util was about 15% on just the Amex! less than 10% overall.  Good luck.Smiley Wink

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I will hit my 180 day in Feb and want to know if I should pay-off my Delta before hitting the button?  I carry a balance but could have it paid off before hand.  Is there a UTIL target ceiling?

TIA, OT

Signature needs updating
Message 1241 of 5,432
iv
Valued Contributor

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Well, that debunks the presumption ANYTHING over $25K requires a 4506t

Even quite a bit over $25k doesn't seem to need a 4506-T:

Opened first AMEX (BCE) in Oct for the 15-month 0% (had a BoA "AMEX" for years, but never a direct one).

Starting limit was disappointingly low - $11,400.

But at 61 days, the 3x CLI to $34,200 was instantly approved online, no 4506-T required.  (Although I would have been just fine with sending it, had they asked.  Not really sure what the objections to the 4506-T are all about.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 1242 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

I believe but, have no insider info, that AmEx UWs look at income, profession, zip code and length of time at that zip code. If all these are consistent with and show a progressive pattern ie long term stability, that may be a significant factor.

Case in point, Ex ~589, no COs, no PRs, no CAs, a few "bumps in the road" due to health issues but, income >$100K, own over 25yrs at same residence, same profession forever.

Although approved for 2 revolvers with low SLs, it's a beginning and shocking when I found out the Ex they determined!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1243 of 5,432
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Silly question. When asking for CLI. I'm asking for the difference in the amount to make it a total of 3x my limit? and should I request via online, via phone or via online text w/ a rep for the most effective way? Unsure how you all are asking. 

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1244 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ForumPheen wrote:

Silly question. When asking for CLI. I'm asking for the difference in the amount to make it a total of 3x my limit? and should I request via online, via phone or via online text w/ a rep for the most effective way? Unsure how you all are asking. 

I would suggest you read Page 1 of this thread.  Lots of answers there

Message 1245 of 5,432
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@ForumPheen wrote:

...ask for the "total CL" you're seeking, not the difference ie: I'd like a CL increase to $12000 

...I use the phone ...based on my experience, most online support reps are very limited in what they can offer, whether Amex or any other ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 1246 of 5,432
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Irish80. After spending countless hours over the last few weeks in this thread, it's easy to forget the original post.  My main point was which method people were finding worked the best after seeking their CLI.

Lemmus, thanks.  I will try the phone after realizing a common occurence for me.  While the button looks easy, I am anxious about receiving the delay message since everything I do that pertains to credit requires a verification. 

Message 1247 of 5,432
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Can't win em' all.  3x CLI was declined , with reason to come in mail. Guessing it has something to do with internal risk score. Rep said there was no counteroffer on table. Asked when I could try again, and he said in 90 days.  Bummer way to end the year, had been looking forward to this day. 

My Fico:  ForumPheen

Intial CL:  7500

61 day/181 day CLI:  61 day (did at 62)

Amex UTI @CLI: 26%

overall UTI @ last EX SP:

ratio of income to overall available credit:  2.3272 I think

# of new CLs since Amex opened: 2 if I include the Plat card

total value of all transactions:

Message 1248 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ForumPheen wrote:

Can't win em' all.  3x CLI was declined , with reason to come in mail. Guessing it has something to do with internal risk score. Rep said there was no counteroffer on table. Asked when I could try again, and he said in 90 days.  Bummer way to end the year, had been looking forward to this day. 

My Fico:  ForumPheen

Intial CL:  7500

61 day/181 day CLI:  61 day (did at 62)

@Anonymous UTI @CLI: 26%

@overall UTI @ last EX SP:

ratio of income to overall available credit:  2.3272 I think

# of new CLs since Amex opened: 2 if I include the Plat card

total value of all transactions:

Sorry to hear that..

Message 1249 of 5,432
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Yes-its-Me.  Next time should be a charm.  Working on it now.

Message 1250 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.