Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I would agree with the above. Why be so impatient? 61 days in practical terms is really not long at all especially for a 3x CLI. Anyone who tries it at day 57 is gonna be sorry if they are declined and stuck waiting 90 more days when they could've just waited 4! Extreme example, but seriously, unless you really really have to buy something large or something, 61 days is nothing. Go with history (only a few people report success prefe 61 days) and wait. IMO. Or you could be waiting far longer.
Message 1451 of 5,432
jhouse4

MyFico/Other Handle:
Initial CL: $2,000
61 day/181 day CLI: (please indicate whether 61day/181day also) 61 day = 6,000/181 Declined CLI. Attempting again 3/28
Amex Utilization @ CLI: Current 19%
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 31% Current 21.6% after payments and CR updates 18% on 3/28/15
Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places): 10.2325

Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 0
Total $$ value of all transactions since Amex account opening or last Amex CLI:  Since Opened – 27,285.87/ Since last CLI - 10,176.68

Thoughts?

Message 1452 of 5,432
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

So my payment posted and I pulled the trigger. Approved from $9,500 to $24,500! My highest limit by far!

I think I should have asked for more, but honestly. I'm ecstatic Smiley Very Happy

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 1453 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

SweeeeeT!

For those concerned with a FR above $25K, I've always wondered if they've "fudged" income. Financial privacy could be an issue for some but, with the WWW today it really isn't difficult to "ball park" anyones real worth

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1454 of 5,432
rggarrison
Established Member

So, I've had my AMEX Blue Cash Everyday for a little over the 61 days now.  I just did the 3X CLI and was instantly approved for a new limit of $18,000!!!!  This is now my highest limit card!!  Already loving AMEX for this now and THANK YOU to these forums for helping me reach my credit goals!

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: myFICO: EX 773, EQ 773, TU 788
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1455 of 5,432
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Op! *_*anyone has amex recon number? Please pm, i may need it. So may or maynot jump the gun, but i received the"bad news" 7-10days message, anyone know if they SP when i asked for the increase, or they use one they pulled from earlier? 

I asked for 55k,i know, crazy me, but not full 3x,cli is 20.1k

Message 1456 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rggarrison wrote:

So, I've had my AMEX Blue Cash Everyday for a little over the 61 days now.  I just did the 3X CLI and was instantly approved for a new limit of $18,000!!!!  This is now my highest limit card!!  Already loving AMEX for this now and THANK YOU to these forums for helping me reach my credit goals!

Nice.. Congrats..

Message 1457 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what should I do? I got two amex 5 days apart from each other, the everyday and the delta gold, both with 1k limit. Got them both on 1/17 and 1/23 actual open date, so March 25 I'm planning to hit the button.

I only use the delta to buy airfare and maybe some hotels. I have surpassed the 30 transaction mark for the extra points on the preferred in both the first statement and now the current one, which means I use it a lot more. I've made over 4k in payments to each one already since the 1k limit fills up almost weekly.

Would you guys ask for the 3xcli on the delta or everyday, since I believe I can only do 1 card at 61 days then wait 6 months for the next one...?

BTW, I got itchy and applied to the PRG on 2/17 and was approved instantly, they rushed it. So now I have 2 credit and 1 charge card. I just purchased a business and I'm thinking of opening a business card with them, but I want to wait at least six months.

Since my initial approval with amex on 1/17/15, I removed two collections and one late payment account from 2009, as of 3/2/15 they're gone. Score went up on experian to 712, it was 639 when I was approved on 1/17, per the letter I received with the card from amex.

Since original approval, I've opened 3 new lines - 1 amex Charge still not reporting, 1 nfcu with 25k still not reporting and navcheck with 15k which reported to all three already. Those inquiries did not hit experian, only TU and EQ. Amex just SP EX on 3/2 and only shows the 15k navcheck, no other inquiries besides their on for the Cc on 2/17.

Hope this doesn't prevent the 3xcli.

So what should I do?
Message 1458 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So what should I do? I got two amex 5 days apart from each other, the everyday and the delta gold, both with 1k limit. Got them both on 1/17 and 1/23 actual open date, so March 25 I'm planning to hit the button.

I only use the delta to buy airfare and maybe some hotels. I have surpassed the 30 transaction mark for the extra points on the preferred in both the first statement and now the current one, which means I use it a lot more. I've made over 4k in payments to each one already since the 1k limit fills up almost weekly.

Would you guys ask for the 3xcli on the delta or everyday, since I believe I can only do 1 card at 61 days then wait 6 months for the next one...?

BTW, I got itchy and applied to the PRG on 2/17 and was approved instantly, they rushed it. So now I have 2 credit and 1 charge card. I just purchased a business and I'm thinking of opening a business card with them, but I want to wait at least six months.

Since my initial approval with amex on 1/17/15, I removed two collections and one late payment account from 2009, as of 3/2/15 they're gone. Score went up on experian to 712, it was 639 when I was approved on 1/17, per the letter I received with the card from amex.

Since original approval, I've opened 3 new lines - 1 amex Charge still not reporting, 1 nfcu with 25k still not reporting and navcheck with 15k which reported to all three already. Those inquiries did not hit experian, only TU and EQ. Amex just SP EX on 3/2 and only shows the 15k navcheck, no other inquiries besides their on for the Cc on 2/17.

Hope this doesn't prevent the 3xcli.

So what should I do?

I think you answered your own question when you stated that you use the ED much more.  Go for the 3x CLI on that and then decide in 6 months whether you want to go for another one on that card or up the Delta.

Message 1459 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my god. It actually worked. Today is the 61st day and AMEX approved my CLI request from $2000 to $6000.

I'm... a bit surprised.

Message 1460 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.