Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

Question...  I just recently PIF my Amex, but I messed up and did it after the cut date, so the balance will be reported.  If I go to request my 3x CLI now, would AmEx see it as a zero balance or see what it shows on the CR?  Just trying to figure out if I should hold off until the next statement cut or not... 

I wouldn't worry about the balance reporting and just go ahead and apply.  Good luck

Message 1661 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard conflicting reports that if initially approved through a soft pull a hard pull will show up after the CLI... So for those who have gotten the 2-3x cli  through soft pulls, did a hard pull eventually show up after you were approved?  

Background on my situation:

I'm waiting on a DD car accident settlement which should pay off most of my cc debt, but I got 2 amex cards 3 months ago that dinged my experian report (I tried to get 2 cards on 1 HP, but didn't work out for me, so got 2 HP's), and they also lowered my average credit card account age to around 2 years (with 6 years being oldest cc). I also want to a apply for a personal loan of 10-15K to consolodate remaining cc debt, but mostly to help fund a part time business. It looks like most of the the personal loan places look at experian, so I'm trying to make sure nothing else dings my experian report before I try for that personal loan. Also if I request a CLI from barclay who usually pulls transunion, there is no chance of a personal loan company pulling experian seing that TU pull right?

Not true.  No HP will result whether you're approved or not.

And no the personal loan company wouldn't see the pull on TU

Message 1662 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my card in the mail today, activated it and immediatelu requested a CLI from 3k to 9k and was instantly approved! Awesome. This is my only amex card!

Message 1663 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my card today, activated it and instantly applied for CLI 3x from 3k to 9k and was instantly approved!

Message 1664 of 5,432
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Waiting for my new Amex ED to come. What happens if the 3xCLI activation fails? Can i try again after 61 days or 90 days?

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 1665 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@googlre10 wrote:

Waiting for my new Amex ED to come. What happens if the 3xCLI activation fails? Can i try again after 61 days or 90 days?

If denied, it's 90 days until you can request again.

Message 1666 of 5,432
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Received my Amex Preferred yesterday. I activated and immediately ask for CLI. Started at $4,000 and approved for $12,000. This is my first Amex card.

Message 1667 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Received my Amex Preferred yesterday. I activated and immediately ask for CLI. Started at $4,000 and approved for $12,000. This is my first Amex card.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the CLI.  Great limit now

Message 1668 of 5,432
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks!! I wouldn't have known about the 3X CLI request, if I hadn't come across this thread during some google searches.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1669 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irish80

Thank you, that's what I thought on both... but nice to be reassured Cat Very Happy

Message 1670 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.