Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone, I've been reading through all the post and just wanted to share my experience . I applied for the BCE in May and was approved for $1000 about 5 mins later I applied for the ED and was approved for $1000 on that card as well. In July on my 62nd day I applied for 3x's Cli on the BCE and was approved for $3,000. Now the thing I find strange is I filed BK7 and it was discharged in 2011 and I've been reading through the posts and see that there are others who have filed BK are unable to get cli unless its an auto increase but my experience has been the opppsite. Im hoping to apply for another Cli in January to get to $9k but thought I should apply for another card first hoping for a higher limit and move some of the limit to the BCE so when i do request a cli it would be higher then 9k any thoughts.

Thanks for sharing! There are a few posters with BK who were able to get the CLI at 61 days but not many. 

Message 3501 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let everyone know I was able to get the 3x CLI. I'm about 65 days since open and went from $2000 to $6000. Smiley Happy

Message 3502 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I had the same limit, but only got another 2,000. To 4,000. I was hoping for 6,000.....i might call back later and see if they can get me another 2,000. Otherwise I'll try it again in February. ☹☹

Message 3503 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

Congrats! I had the same limit, but only got another 2,000. To 4,000. I was hoping for 6,000.....i might call back later and see if they can get me another 2,000. Otherwise I'll try it again in February. ☹☹

You got all they were willing to give you at the time. Play with it responsibly and try again in 181 days.

Message 3504 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gregory1776 wrote:

You got all they were willing to give you at the time. Play with it responsibly and try again in 181 days.

TYVM I told them my income is 36,000. Do you think they'll give someone with that income a 12k CL? 2.20.18 is 181 days.... very excited to get it. Thanks. 😊😊

Message 3505 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gregory1776 wrote:

TYVM I told them my income is 36,000. Do you think they'll give someone with that income a 12k CL? 2.20.18 is 181 days.... very excited to get it. Thanks. 😊😊

I'm at 32k and they gave me 18k, so you should be good. I'm debating on what to ask for come Oct, because I don't even have to gall to ask for 54k....

Message 3506 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I'd go for it, Gardener76, so long as your income is high enough. 😉☺

Message 3507 of 5,432
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gardner, if you need any confidance boosting just say hi to Gmood1 Smiley Wink, fear is for the dark side, LolSmiley Happy
Message 3508 of 5,432
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Gardner, if you need any confidance boosting just say hi to Gmood1 Smiley Wink, fear is for the dark side, LolSmiley Happy

AJC you're Killin me! Lol

Message 3509 of 5,432
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Happy, 3 days to goSmiley Happy, im bad hit today just to see but i "fear" another letter will reach my house in a couple days. Cmon 9k, show me the creditSmiley Wink
Message 3510 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.