Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I posted this question in another thread but I realize this one gets the attention, so I'll paste it here:

is the 3X CLI dependant on income? Let's say you originally were approved for 10k and you earn 40k a year. Would they give you $30k with that same income even if you have perfect utilization/repayment/everything else?

Message 1361 of 5,432
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

No one really knows the answer, 'cept AmEx BUT, it's been suggested by many the issue is requesting a CL >$25K MAY trigger a FR. That being said, I believe they'd counter with a lesser CLI.

WTH, go for it, they ain't gonna cut you to $1K!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1362 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So with a 775 scores, well over 100k+ income and using the card for large purchases and paying back with my multiple large payments.  I pulled the trigger for a 3x cli, 7,500 to 22,500.  I was almost instantly declined for - "Your customer credit report indicates that you have had one or more credit limit reductions on your bank or retail credit card account(s) recently"  I've tried searching, but it seems I might be the only one with this report.   Now, I know which card it is and the only reason it was reduced was because of lack of use.  I haven't used it in a couple of years.  It's still in good standing.  I called the credit phone number after the CSR gave me their number, because she even said that doesn't sound right.  So they made a manual request and it's pending until tomorrow or Monday.  I mean, how would I get that removed from my report, when it's still a good card that I'm paying off.  The only reason I don't use it anymore, because it doesn't have any cash back/points rewards and a higher APR. 

You'll end up getting approved for the CLI. I'd close the card that gave you the CLD as soon as you finish paying it off .

Still pending online, I decided not to call.  It says its the latest status info.  Hate the wait.

Message 1363 of 5,432
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Requested a 181 day 3x CLI from 6k to 18k on my GFs BCE today. Approved! 

Message 1364 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it came back denied again with the same exact reason. A card I haven't used in years that had a cld caused me to not get an cli with amex. Ugh
Message 1365 of 5,432
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Requested a 181 day 3x CLI from 6k to 18k on my GFs BCE today. Approved! 

Congrats on the 3X CLI!

Message 1366 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question, I have my 61 day limit increase approaching but my initial limit was 16k. Do I still qualify for the 3X increase? Is this even wise with a starting limit so high?

Message 1367 of 5,432
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question, I have my 61 day limit increase approaching but my initial limit was 16k. Do I still qualify for the 3X increase? Is this even wise with a starting limit so high?

Only you can answer that.  I didn't even double the limit, because I want more cards in my portfolio.  And to ditch some.  Sometimes, they give us the answer of too much available credit when we app.

Signature needs updating
Message 1368 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As I understand it if you ask for a limit over 25K it increases the chances of Amex asking you for some tax documentation. I believe it is called a 4056T or something. I read it somewhere jn the beggining of this forum. It's some type of proof of yearly income

Message 1369 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I did not want to trigger a proof of income request so I request an increase to 24,500. I was initially told 7-10 but within a few hours recieved a confirmation of approval. Am I understanding correctly that there is an aggregate limit of 35k for all Amex cards under a single account holder or can I request this increase on my other cards as well if in total they will exceed 35k avalible?

Message 1370 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.