Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@jwright343 wrote:

You're still 'waiting for the card', yet you want to try a CLI.  That sounds greedy, be PATIENT!  Play it safe, wait till day 61.  By the way, I 'believe' the clock starts the day you're approved, not the day you get the card. 

You've been away so you may have missed the policy change that you no longer have to wait 61 days to do the 3x CLI. A LOT of people have been having success doing it as early as activation! 

I myself, will try to go to $7,500 from $2,500 on my ED within 10 minutes of opening the envelope!

For reference: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-3x-CLI-Change/m-p/3846103#M1071385

Message 1631 of 5,432
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So should I try on day 1 or 61?
My limit is 3000, still waiting for card.
Should I call them now or wait to get card and try online?

I say go for it.

You have to wait until you physically receive the card because you need the security code. 

Message 1632 of 5,432
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:
I was denied a CLI for Amex but I don't remember the date. How can I find this info? The account was opened in Feb 2015 and I applied for the CLI sometime in March but I can't remember when exactly.

I suggest chatting with a CSR online.

Message 1633 of 5,432
Quietman
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Colombianking wrote:

@Colombianking wrote:

I contacted Amex via live chat asked when my last incresae was, it was over 6 months, and made the request ....I went from 4200 to 12600!!!! Awesome

Next month I'm making another CLI what number do they start asking for documentation?

You can't ask again next month.  You have to wait 180 days from the time you last received a CLI

Does the 180 days apply to an auto-CLI? I'm curious as back in March I was declined a CLI, and several days later recieved an unsolicited CLI on one of my other AMEX cards.

Message 1634 of 5,432
Aarvard
Established Contributor

MyFico/Other Handle: Aarvard
Initial CL: $6,000
61 day/181 day CLI: (please indicate whether 61day/181day also): 181 days (I had another CLI on another card 6 months ago. This is for the new card)
Amex Utilization @ CLI: 1%
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 1%
Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places): 1.7818
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 5
Total $$ value of all transactions since Amex account opening or last Amex CLI: around $2,500

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1635 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

Both me and my friend got our American Express Blue Cash card less than one month back and had $5000 CL each. Today, after reading the posts here, both applied for a CLI and instantly got approved for $15000. Thanks everyone for the wonderful tip.

I am waiting for my Plenti card to arrive so that I could try 3X CLI there as well. Hopefully, everything should be fine.

Thanks,

APS

Message 1636 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to wait 6 months for asking for another cli even if it's not the same card.
Message 1637 of 5,432
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@jwright343 wrote:

Haven't been on here in awhile due to new job and gardening.  Just randomly in the shower this morning, I thought that it should be around my 60 days since I became an AMEX member.  I could not find my join date on the page anywhere, so I live chatted with them.  They informed me it was March 5.  I go right to my calendar and creepily enough, TODAY is 61 days.  I immediately go to the CLI button.  My initial was $5500.  I have $800 on there now.  I apped and was IMMEDIATELY granted $15,000.  I know, could've been $16,500 but I've learned to NOT be greedy thanks to awesome friends and forums like this.  Not bad getting a $9,500 bump in one click.  Better yet, what this will do for my overall utilization ratio.  The system works.  Be patient and be smart about it.  Smiley Happy 

Congrats.  They don't care so much about balances, (as long as everything under 10%, but can be a little higher on the Amex itself), just about scores, profile and income.

Signature needs updating
Message 1638 of 5,432
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:
I was denied a CLI for Amex but I don't remember the date. How can I find this info? The account was opened in Feb 2015 and I applied for the CLI sometime in March but I can't remember when exactly.

I suggest chatting with a CSR online.

You could wait until the end of September just to be safe.

Signature needs updating
Message 1639 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had applied for both the Costco True Earnings and the Amex Everyday cards.

The TrueEarnings was instantly approved for $1500 CLI and since I did both the same day the Everyday held for a week and then was approved for an $8000 CLI.

Now I just cleaned up my credit and have an EXP 721 with a 8K balance on a 10K car loan, a Cap1 Secured card and also an Amex Corp Green via work (but individual pay).

All utililizations are under 1%, PIF each month high income

In order to keep building credit limits should I try the 3x on the $8K card and see if It can get to $24K  (still under the 25k mark so no manual review?) or should I try for $4500 on the $1500 card to have 2 cards reporting larger lines?

Message 1640 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.