Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

As I was reading your update today regarding your increase, hubby calls and tell me my card just arrived. I applied on 9-22/-15 card was shipped 9-24 and received today 9-28. After reading your message I was a bit apprehensive about requesting too much. I called and asked my limit he raised from $1k to $7500, which I didn't expect to receive but o was hoping for a counter of for the max I would be approved for. The rep told me its pending and to call them back in24 hrs. Boo hoo

Message 1911 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw the cust svc rep told me CLI request is never a hard pill unless there's a fraud alert on your profile. And they do offer counters. Of course doesn't mean you'll be approved, but they do participate

Message 1912 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them back and ask for 3x 1800-576-8942.  I just called to check" my request. In was approved instantly when I applied for $1000. Rep told me I can request an increase as soon as I got my card. Another rep said the same and that the 60 day rule no longer applies. When I called I yesterday I asked if I'm not approved for what I asked will I be counter offered with Whatcom approved for or will it be a flat out denial. She said it won't be denied just because it's more than what I ask and theyll counter me with what I am approved for. Today via chat I asked to check status. Rep said it was still pending and that it would prob be denied since I just opened the account and I have to wait 60 days. I told him another rep told me something opposite. He said ok, it must be a special case for you.dummy. Called back the credit increase department they said it wouldn't be approved for $7500 and they are only allowed 3x. So she will resubmitted for 3x which is $3000 and I will get a response within 48hrs

Message 1913 of 5,432
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

So my 61st day is on 10/5.  

Yes, I've read all the threads, I know the 60day deal is dead, but I waited anyway and am going to ask on the 62nd day.

I will report back my result and am expecting a denial based on the recent reviews.

problem is I need to get this behind me so I can start focusing on some hard pull requests and timelines. 

If i don't get approved I'll be moving the Amex monthly  spend to another card for movement.

some data points:

BCE approved 8/5 @ $4500 SL

AAoA 2yr

total open credit limits approx $22k 

util at 11-19% consistently 

income +$150k/yr

ex at 689

Message 1914 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to wait. One rep told me even though the rule no longer applies, is best to wait to establish a history's it will improve your approval odds add long as it's all good
Message 1915 of 5,432
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Cmikul wrote:

So my 61st day is on 10/5.  

Yes, I've read all the threads, I know the 60day deal is dead, but I waited anyway and am going to ask on the 62nd day.

I will report back my result and am expecting a denial based on the recent reviews.

problem is I need to get this behind me so I can start focusing on some hard pull requests and timelines. 

If i don't get approved I'll be moving the Amex monthly  spend to another card for movement.

some data points:

@BCE approved 8/5 @ $4500 SL

AAoA 2yr

total open credit limits approx $22k 

util at 11-19% consistently 

income +$150k/yr

ex at 689

Are you able to look at the SPs that Amex are doing? The thing is if the last SP is old, it is better to wait for a new one (if things improved). They will use the latest SP on file for your CLI. Good luck.

Message 1916 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only just got the card this week. Probably won't get approved since this is my first card that isn't for crappy credit and it's a new account. I'm sure I'll get it at my 90 day check up
Message 1917 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

This link [About pulling credit report from Experian] seems to be dead now.

I was able to retrieve the credit report with the link as early as Sep 23rd but not anymore.

The fact that even the interface has changed between then and now, i am inclined to think this free ride seems to be dead now.

If you are able to retrieve the report successfully, please let me know the link used / info you used to retrieve. 

Message 1918 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go to www.freecreditreport.com or www.creditchecktotal.com. Both powered by experian. On www.freecreditreport.com, you can get the experian completely free or all 3 with a trial or monthly fee on wait her site.
Message 1919 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: declined for increase today. Gotta wait til 01/05/16
Message 1920 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.