Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It means what it said. It's a problem on their end. Try again tomorrow.

Actually it wasn't a problem on their end.  I noticed that every time I submitted a new CLI request amount ($50,000.... $49,000..... etc) just hitting the back button and putting in a new amount would yield me the error message I received and posted on the previous page.  If I completely X'd out of the request though and started over, I wouldn't get this message.  I guess it had to do with how I was proceeding with each request.  This is important to know for others that try this slightly backing down the CLI amount method.

I was approved when I got to $35,000, so it ended up being a $5000 CLI in case anyone was wondering.  I was hoping for $40,000 (my ultimate goal for the card) but that's fine for now.  I'll try for more in 6 months.

You kept getting an error until the CLI amount was low enough? 

I am at 186 days since last CLI and just tried for 3x on my 8k ED and got the 7-10 day notice. Wondering if I should just try again immediately with a lower amount?

Message 2951 of 5,432
redpat
Senior Contributor

IMO, they just gave you a card for 10k.  I think that would be considered a CLI eventhough it wasn't your ED.  My thinking is because a new line was given to you.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2952 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

IMO, they just gave you a card for 10k.  I think that would be considered a CLI eventhough it wasn't your ED.  My thinking is because a new line was given to you.

Could be... I think I had opened the ED when I did my first 3x CLI (on the SPG personal) from 6k to 18k though.

Was hoping to get the ED up into the 20's for another 20k+ line haha Smiley Sad  oh well, guess we will see.

Message 2953 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Shouldn't the clock only reset when you actually request a CLI? I've never heard of getting a new card doing that.

Message 2954 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Shouldn't the clock only reset when you actually request a CLI? I've never heard of getting a new card doing that.

Yeah I don't think it works that way, like I said I got a 6->18k CLI on the SPG personal card right around the time I opened the Everday card. 

I am just wondering if the 7-10 day thing means I need to submit again with a lower amount? I don't want to send them my income tax form, mostly because I got 2 promotions in Q4 last year so if they look at that it will be a good chunk lower than what I actually make now.

Message 2955 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 7-10 day notice is a denial. Wait 90 days before trying again.

The only time you want to back up and put in a lower amount is when you get the 4506T notice.

I repeat, you received a denial . Wait 90 days, try again.
Message 2956 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I got the 7-10 day message back in December...It was a denial.
Message 2957 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Getting a new card has no effect on the CLI process other than it may affect how much overall credit Amex will extend to you.  No effect whatsoever on the timing of a CLI request.

Message 2958 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

so is jumping the clock by not waiting 180 days a denial meaning you 'have' to wait 90 additional days or just double check your calendar and re apply after the 180 days has passed.
Message 2959 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
so is jumping the clock by not waiting 180 days a denial meaning you 'have' to wait 90 additional days or just double check your calendar and re apply after the 180 days has passed.

Trying too early does not reset the clock so you just have to try again when the 180 days has passed

Message 2960 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.