Message 2961 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:
You ask, they deny, you wait 90.

You ask, they give, you wait 180.

Clear?

Actually the timing is 91 and 181 days.  This is important for those that try on what they think is the exact date.

Message 2962 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Thank you for the clarification.

My CLI date on my AMEX is March 13th, but meh, I'll get around to it after statements close in April.
Message 2963 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I can wait 90 days and give them another go. Probably didn't help that there is a small balance on the ED with 0% APR through October this year.
Message 2964 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess I can wait 90 days and give them another go. Probably didn't help that there is a small balance on the ED with 0% APR through October this year.

I'm pretty sure I had a balance on my Delta card when I got my initial 3xCLI back in June. So I'm not sure how much that factors in. I did get denied like 2 months ago, so I have to wait until end of March to try again.

My plan is to apply for a 3xCLI on my Hilton, then app for the ED card (was denied a month before I got my Hilton), and then close my Delta card not too long after that. Hopefully it works out.

Message 2965 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post about this before, so I figured I would.  I think most know from this thread that when requesting a CLI with Amex online if you are prompted to provide IV with the amount you put in, you can X-out or back out and submit another, lower request amount. 

Well, I did this the other day 21 times in a row, as I dropped my request amount by $1000 from $50k to $40k, then went down in $500 increments from $39,500 downward until I received an approval ($35k).  I found it hilarious that I had a giant stack of 21 letters from Amex in my mailbox about 5 days later, all of them requesting IV for the different amounts that I backed out of.

Message 2966 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baaaahahaha!!!!!

That's the automated system for ya!!!

Message 2967 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup.  Definitely good to know that it's 100% automated though, so there's no reason someone shouldn't shoot for the stars and just keep backing it down until they get the most they can possibly get.  At least this way no one leaves money on the table.

Message 2968 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup.  Definitely good to know that it's 100% automated though, so there's no reason someone shouldn't shoot for the stars and just keep backing it down until they get the most they can possibly get.  At least this way no one leaves money on the table.

That's definitely true...as long as you don't get flagged for doing it then you might as well keep trying. Enjoy all the letters!

Message 2969 of 5,432
des6

@des6 wrote:

okay so i called amex and we talked about 4506T, somehow they lost it so i resubmitted again today at americanexpress.com/verifyincome .. so amex tells me on the phone that if you get a 4506T request, either 2 things will happen after they review the information... either you will get approved at the amount you requested or you will get a partial increase at another level. what was interesting is that AMEX told me that a denial will not happen. either a full credit line increase or a partial increase, these are the only 2 choices. they said if they were going to deny you, you would not get 4506T, you would get denial right away. So he pretty much gauranteed that I am going up on the platinum line, but we wont know by how much until they review the tax return. he said as long as the income is what i said it was on the return, they will most likely approve the full amount since I was a good customer and had a good credit score. So thats the latest... now i am most curious what will happen! will update here as soon as something happens. will need to wait about 10 days per AMEX

okay update: I got it!!!!!!!! amazing, after american express reviewed my 4506 T and what seemed like a very long time reviewing the return, they have granted the credit line increase. My new platinum card credit line went from $14,500 to $43,500. Gold credit card credit line remains at $29,500.. WOHOOOO!

WOW! 

Message 2970 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.