Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Can I apply for a CLI on my SPG Card if I believe I have reached their internal limit for my income? I have over $30k on one card and was recently approved for the SPG card at $2k and 770 credit score. lol
Message 3241 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyones credit profile and spending habits are different. I squeaked in with a 1k SL and fot 3x increase in 61days. I cycled 1k in a month.and paid down just below20%..repeat3e again the following mth prior to requesting the CLI. My dad has a higher Credit Score than I do and when he tried the 3X he was denied at 61 and 91 days. They told him it was his score. But he NEVER used the card. Not even once. What was your denial based on?
Message 3242 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if he doesn't use the card at all, why would they CLI him? They make money from swipe fees, no swiping, no luv.
Message 3243 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question. 

AMEX BCP opened on 4/4/17 which would put my 61 days at 6/5/17 (6/6 just to be safe) and my EXP score was a 701.

AMEX finally reported to EXP yesterday and the scored dropped to 685 (which was expected with my AAOA droping from 6.8 to 6.5). Overall Utilizatoin for all cards reported is at 40% (I have a few cards above 75%). Keep in mind, all my debt will be nearly down to zero by the fall.

I've been paying the statement balance on the April and May statements and currently have 10% Utilization on the card. Would it be wise to wait for my EXP score to get back to the 700 level before pulling the trigger on the 61 day CLI?

Message 3244 of 5,432
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question. 

AMEX BCP opened on 4/4/17 which would put my 61 days at 6/5/17 (6/6 just to be safe) and my EXP score was a 701.

AMEX finally reported to EXP yesterday and the scored dropped to 685 (which was expected with my AAOA droping from 6.8 to 6.5). Overall Utilizatoin for all cards reported is at 40% (I have a few cards above 75%). Keep in mind, all my debt will be nearly down to zero by the fall.

I've been paying the statement balance on the April and May statements and currently have 10% Utilization on the card. Would it be wise to wait for my EXP score to get back to the 700 level before pulling the trigger on the 61 day CLI?

40% and you are seeking more credit.  there is your answer.  your aaoa has less to do with your drop vs your util. 

Message 3245 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Try if you may, but waiting until your util is lower would be better.
Message 3246 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question. 

40% and you are seeking more credit.  there is your answer.  your aaoa has less to do with your drop vs your util. 

Actually it does. 

Lets go back to last Fall. Overall Utilization was nearly 90% with scores in the 640. So since that time to before I was approved for AMEX in April, utlization dropped significantly every month (with CLI's from other issuers)  and my scores rose 64 points. I'm not looking to increase or abuse my overall utilization currently, it actually keeps going down. Only thing significant that has happen is the single AMEX inquire and the single AMEX "New Account" now being reported which saw the score drop 16 points. I'm not asking why the score dropped. I'm asking if it would be wise to burn a 61 day CLI or not to burn it and wait for the score to rebound to pre-AMEX app which was a 701. 

As for seeking new credit, who doesn't? I'm not just getting AMEX just to abuse it (that would be dumb). I'm using it to also pad my overall utilization (which everyone does).
I have put spending on it of about $300 per month (mostly going to utilities/groceries which I normally pay with out of my checking account) and pay the statement balance.

Message 3247 of 5,432
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question. 

Actually it does. 

Lets go back to last Fall. Overall Utilization was nearly 90% with scores in the 640. So since that time to before I was approved for AMEX in April, utlization dropped significantly every month (with CLI's from other issuers)  and my scores rose 64 points. I'm not looking to increase or abuse my overall utilization currently, it actually keeps going down. Only thing significant that has happen is the single AMEX inquire and the single AMEX "New Account" now being reported which saw the score drop 16 points. I'm not asking why the score dropped. I'm asking if it would be wise to burn a 61 day CLI or not to burn it and wait for the score to rebound. 

I answered your question. do the cli and see what happens.  for science.  nobody has a crystal ball into any of this, I just got a ED with a $22k Sl and my scores when up 8 pts when it hit.  do things that make sense is what I would suggest.  high util no matter how you package it does not make sense

Message 3248 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question. 

Actually it does. 

Lets go back to last Fall. Overall Utilization was nearly 90% with scores in the 640. So since that time to before I was approved for AMEX in April, utlization dropped significantly every month (with CLI's from other issuers)  and my scores rose 64 points. I'm not looking to increase or abuse my overall utilization currently, it actually keeps going down. Only thing significant that has happen is the single AMEX inquire and the single AMEX "New Account" now being reported which saw the score drop 16 points. I'm not asking why the score dropped. I'm asking if it would be wise to burn a 61 day CLI or not to burn it and wait for the score to rebound. 

I answered your question. do the cli and see what happens.  for science.  nobody has a crystal ball into any of this, I just got a ED with a $22k Sl and my scores when up 8 pts when it hit.  do things that make sense is what I would suggest.  high util no matter how you package it does not make sense

Look, I realize this is a friendly community but no need to get all sarcastic or short about it. Maybe you are just having a bad day..yeesh.

Message 3249 of 5,432
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question. 

Actually it does. 

Look, I realize this is a friendly community but no need to get all sarcastic or short about it. Maybe you are just having a bad day..yeesh.

you are looking for answers to a question you already know.  I am having a great day.   I don't use credit, I use cards.  what is your purpose in obtaining more credit?

Message 3250 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.