Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Got my BCP in Jan 17 @ 10k SL. Went to 24k in March(61 days), 30K a few days ago(181). No counters, those are the numbers I requested. 780's at time of app, no HP's at time of app. 1HP on EX now, 1 on TU...780's now. 6 fig income, AAoA 5yr5mo. Less then 1% utilization across 4 cards. BCP my biggest limit.

Message 3571 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Got my BCP in Jan 17 @ 10k SL. Went to 24k in March(61 days), 30K a few days ago(181). No counters, those are the numbers I requested. 780's at time of app, no HP's at time of app. 1HP on EX now, 1 on TU...780's now. 6 fig income, AAoA 5yr5mo. Less then 1% utilization across 4 cards. BCP my biggest limit.

Out of curiosity, why did you only request $24k at 61 days when you could have requested and likely received $30k based on your profile?  You started out just like me at $10k.  I went from $10k to $30k to $35k to $40k.  Without IV, it appears that I'm on the $5k/every 180 days train.

Message 3572 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity,anyone have issue taking credit from one amex CC to make a 30k CL this would make amex my highest CL CC for me...jus wondering if this would cause a red flag/AA on my acc.

Message 3573 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of curiosity,anyone have issue taking credit from one amex CC to make a 30k CL this would make amex my highest CL CC for me...jus wondering if this would cause a red flag/AA on my acc.

Shouldnt be a problem at all.

Message 3574 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish80, Thks!!
Message 3575 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brutalshots. Well, I've read every page of this thread and I'm not interested in the outliers--the people who get asked for tax forms when they have a 1k limit or the guy that doesnt get asked when he has a 100k limit. On the 61 day tier it seems among the majority of people who do get asked its when they ask for mid 20's and above, @ 181 days they get asked @ 34ish and above..So I just played it safe..Yes, my profile might support it, and yes I could just logout and do lower increments until approval, but I have no interest in that. I'm totally fine at this rate.

Message 3576 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you and that's all fine and well if you're comfortable with that.  But, since you've read every page of this thread (as have I) you also are aware that if you get prompted for tax forms you can back out of the process and start over... so no harm, no foul for trying. 

After my 3X CLI from $10k to $30k, 181 days later I started at $50k and got prompted for IV and backed out of it and tried again for $49k and continued until I got an instant approval, which ended up being $35k.  Then 181 days later I did the same thing, starting at $50k and worked my way down to the instant approval I got at $40k. 

I just think it's important that everyone know that even if you get prompted for IV, you can bail on the process and won't actually have to provide IV unless you continue with the process past that screen.

Message 3577 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brutal: agreed

Message 3578 of 5,432
JamP
Valued Contributor

Thank you BBS, I just did the same thing and I must be on the 5k train with Amex

34500 to 39500 today Smiley Very Happy

Started at 50k backed all the way to 40k with request for IV. Hit 39500 and instant approval.

One of these times I might try to make it even just because I am a little OCD but alot of my cards are odd numbers so maybe its good luck.

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear you and that's all fine and well if you're comfortable with that.  But, since you've read every page of this thread (as have I) you also are aware that if you get prompted for tax forms you can back out of the process and start over... so no harm, no foul for trying. 

After my 3X CLI from $10k to $30k, 181 days later I started at $50k and got prompted for IV and backed out of it and tried again for $49k and continued until I got an instant approval, which ended up being $35k.  Then 181 days later I did the same thing, starting at $50k and worked my way down to the instant approval I got at $40k. 

I just think it's important that everyone know that even if you get prompted for IV, you can bail on the process and won't actually have to provide IV unless you continue with the process past that screen.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 3579 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat for sure!

How did you end up being short that $500?  Did you on a previous request go $500 less than the $5000 increment, or did you try the $5000 increment number and get a denial but dropping it $500 resulted in an instant approval?

Message 3580 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.