Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Member
0 Kudos

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I am approaching my 61 day for my Amex BCE card but my experian score is not that great at the moment .. If i wait a month or two to get my scores up will I still get the 3x or I have to do right away once the account reaches 61 days ? .. also If i attempt cli on day 61 and i dont like the offered increase and decided not to take it .. will i be able to get a cli 1 or 2 month later ?

FICO: EX 713, TU 724, EQ 726. Total CL $11,250. Gardening till Nov 2019
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

At least 60 days must pass after account opening, so whether you do it on day 61, 91, or 501 makes no difference. If you think your score will go up significantly wait if you can (I couldn’t the last go around haha). Turning down a CLI doesn’t reset the clock; you could ask again immediately or later. 

$500k+ club. | FICO 08 [Oct 2017]: EQ 746 EX 738 TU 733 | World's worst gardener.
Frequent Contributor

Was able to bump my Delta Gold to $18K today!  SL Feb. 2017, $2K.  This card grew faster than my Discover, which I've had now almost a year!

Frequent Contributor

AllCredit wrote:

Was able to bump my Delta Gold to $18K today!  SL Feb. 2017, $2K.  This card grew faster than my Discover, which I've had now almost a year!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

FICO 08 (Oct 2017): EX 657 / EQ 653 / TU 680 - Gardening until 04/30/18!
Established Member
0 Kudos

I got approved for my Delta Gold with a $10k limit 7/23/17, attempted a CLI 10/6/17 of $10k more (well past the 61 day mark) and received this email: We’ve finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790. I’ve been too afraid to call, lol. Decided I was just being greedy (especially since I got approved for a new Discover It for $8k two days ago) and if AMEX were going to give the CLI, they would have already.

Established Member

I'm not sure if it was covered already, but I have a BCE (7 months old 1k SL) and HH AMEX (SP 5 months old 1k SL) and was instant approved for the Delta Gold Biz (today 3k SL off a SP) - keep hopping the garden gate - 

I've lowered my overall util to 19% over the last two weeks, but just waiting for Citi to report as Chase reported before the statement close because they were zero'd out.

Anyway, would it be best to wait until the next SP with hopes the Citi update helps to try to get a CLI on my BCE or HH, or should I go ahead and try it?

In the Garden until May 2018
Starting Score: 569 EX FICO 8 - Dec 2016 | Current Score: 641 EX FICO 8 - Oct 2017 | Goal Score: 680 EX FICO 8 - Dec 2017
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
0 Kudos

I just tried a CLI and got the message to call to discuss as well. Any idea what this means?
FICO8
April 2017 - Experian 601, Equifax 659, Transunion is 568
May 1, 2017 - Experian 601, Equifax 659, Transuion 588
June 1, 2017 Experian 638, Equifax 661, Transunion 582
BK 13 discharged 4/4/17
Judgement - 1 medical judgment

Cards - Cap One QS1 $3k, Discover IT Secured $200, PenFed Promise $1500, Open Sky Secured $300, BOA Secured $300
Established Contributor

Probably a denial.

I got that a week or so again, too.

Didn’t bother calling.

Too busy using my PenFed and Citi cards who continue to grow with me and they, too are only 3 months or so old Smiley Happy

fmctatum wrote:

I got approved for my Delta Gold with a $10k limit 7/23/17, attempted a CLI 10/6/17 of $10k more (well past the 61 day mark) and received this email: We’ve finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790. I’ve been too afraid to call, lol. Decided I was just being greedy (especially since I got approved for a new Discover It for $8k two days ago) and if AMEX were going to give the CLI, they would have already.

Yup I got the '7-10 days' on the first ask which was 15k-25k.  Tried again for 22k and got the 'please call'.  It means you didn't get it unfortunately.

In the Garden until 4-01-2018
0 Kudos

LilHobbit wrote:
I just tried a CLI and got the message to call to discuss as well. Any idea what this means?

You didn't get it.  You might want to call anyway to see what they say.  The reason they told me had me scratching my head even more.

In the Garden until 4-01-2018

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.