Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I am approaching my 61 day for my Amex BCE card but my experian score is not that great at the moment .. If i wait a month or two to get my scores up will I still get the 3x or I have to do right away once the account reaches 61 days ? .. also If i attempt cli on day 61 and i dont like the offered increase and decided not to take it .. will i be able to get a cli 1 or 2 month later ?

Message 3611 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

At least 60 days must pass after account opening, so whether you do it on day 61, 91, or 501 makes no difference. If you think your score will go up significantly wait if you can (I couldn’t the last go around haha). Turning down a CLI doesn’t reset the clock; you could ask again immediately or later. 

Message 3612 of 5,432
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Was able to bump my Delta Gold to $18K today!  SL Feb. 2017, $2K.  This card grew faster than my Discover, which I've had now almost a year!

Message 3613 of 5,432
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

Was able to bump my Delta Gold to $18K today!  SL Feb. 2017, $2K.  This card grew faster than my Discover, which I've had now almost a year!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 3614 of 5,432
fmctatum
Valued Member

I got approved for my Delta Gold with a $10k limit 7/23/17, attempted a CLI 10/6/17 of $10k more (well past the 61 day mark) and received this email: We’ve finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790. I’ve been too afraid to call, lol. Decided I was just being greedy (especially since I got approved for a new Discover It for $8k two days ago) and if AMEX were going to give the CLI, they would have already.

Message 3615 of 5,432
Sanjo812
Contributor

I'm not sure if it was covered already, but I have a BCE (7 months old 1k SL) and HH AMEX (SP 5 months old 1k SL) and was instant approved for the Delta Gold Biz (today 3k SL off a SP) - keep hopping the garden gate - 

I've lowered my overall util to 19% over the last two weeks, but just waiting for Citi to report as Chase reported before the statement close because they were zero'd out.

Anyway, would it be best to wait until the next SP with hopes the Citi update helps to try to get a CLI on my BCE or HH, or should I go ahead and try it?

update: waited until November, about a month after the Delta Gold Biz approval, and got 3x on my BCE

Eight Twelve Consulting
Message 3616 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried a CLI and got the message to call to discuss as well. Any idea what this means?
Message 3617 of 5,432
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Probably a denial.

I got that a week or so again, too.

Didn’t bother calling.

Too busy using my PenFed and Citi cards who continue to grow with me and they, too are only 3 months or so old Smiley Happy
Message 3618 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fmctatum wrote:

I got approved for my Delta Gold with a $10k limit 7/23/17, attempted a CLI 10/6/17 of $10k more (well past the 61 day mark) and received this email: We’ve finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790. I’ve been too afraid to call, lol. Decided I was just being greedy (especially since I got approved for a new Discover It for $8k two days ago) and if AMEX were going to give the CLI, they would have already.

Yup I got the '7-10 days' on the first ask which was 15k-25k.  Tried again for 22k and got the 'please call'.  It means you didn't get it unfortunately.

Message 3619 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just tried a CLI and got the message to call to discuss as well. Any idea what this means?

You didn't get it.  You might want to call anyway to see what they say.  The reason they told me had me scratching my head even more.

Message 3620 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.