Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I believe they base it on your overall exposure. They gave me $1900 if I'm not mistaken. But they had already nearly doubled my exposure since May of this past year. I was surprised they gave me anything to be honest.
Message 3731 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for 15k and am coming up on my 61 day mark.  I was thinking of requesting 25k (or is 24.5 better?).

Thing is, I'm also an authorized user on another Amex card that has an 18k limit.  Will that affect my request or trigger the income verification?  The AU card also had a cli not too long ago.

Thanks!  I just wasn't sure how AU cards equated with CLI's.  Smiley Happy

Message 3732 of 5,432
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Interesting tidbit (at least for me) that I just found out while speaking to a representative today. Went for my 6 month 3XCLI request and received the 7-10 msg. Assuming a denial called in and got a very knowledgeable rep regarding this and he stated that any credit reallocation is condisered a credit line increase but will only affect the card your trying to request the increase on for 30 days. As we know you can only perform a credit reallocation from one card to the other once every 30 days. So that would explain why I received the 7-10 msg for trying to 3XCLI the same card in less than 30 days in which I just received the reallocation. I will attempt again after my 30 window has passed. Hope this helps someone. 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3733 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for 15k and am coming up on my 61 day mark.  I was thinking of requesting 25k (or is 24.5 better?).

Thing is, I'm also an authorized user on another Amex card that has an 18k limit.  Will that affect my request or trigger the income verification?  The AU card also had a cli not too long ago.

Thanks!  I just wasn't sure how AU cards equated with CLI's.  Smiley Happy

I would just ask for whatever you want.  Say it's $30k, that's fine.  If you get a prompt for IV, simply click the back button and try again with a lesser number, like $25k.  Repeat the process starting at whatever number you really want and backing it down as much or little as you want several times until you get an instant approval.  I've done this for my last 2 CLI requests with Amex and it's worked out well.

Message 3734 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOT!  I was at day 64 of being approved, and just asked for 25k (my original line was 15k) and it was instantly approved.  Smiley Happy  

Now I wonder if I should have asked for more, haha... but I don't need it, so no biggie. Smiley Happy  

Message 3735 of 5,432
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

682 EX FICO. 39% Util. No baddies. Went online today and asked for 12,600 (3 x 4,200) and got the 7-10 day message. Has that ever NOT been a denial? I guess they don't like my Util? I have to say I'm a little suprised. I have a zero balance with them.

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 3736 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mysterythemoon wrote:

682 EX FICO. 39% Util. No baddies. Went online today and asked for 12,600 (3 x 4,200) and got the 7-10 day message. Has that ever NOT been a denial? I guess they don't like my Util? I have to say I'm a little suprised. I have a zero balance with them.

Could be.  That util is likely doing some damage on that EX -- do you have any cards that are really high util (70%, 90%?) individually?

My second CLI request is still 171 days away so I'm definitely going to make sure my profile has everything as perfect as possible!

Message 3737 of 5,432
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@mysterythemoon wrote:

I got the 7-10 day and was approved.

Message 3738 of 5,432
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

I have one card at 70% util. So if I did indeed lose the battle that'll be the hill I died on. If they'd give me a chance to recon, I'd explain that the reason it's high is soley because it's a 0 APR BT that I just started, and however bad it looks on my credit currently is vastly outweighed by the roughtly $1,100 dollars I'm going to save this year in interest. 

Encouraging you got approved Ric... Glimmer of hope.

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 3739 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mysterythemoon wrote:

I have one card at 70% util. So if I did indeed lose the battle that'll be the hill I died on. If they'd give me a chance to recon, I'd explain that the reason it's high is soley because it's a 0 APR BT that I just started, and however bad it looks on my credit currently is vastly outweighed by the roughtly $1,100 dollars I'm going to save this year in interest. 

Encouraging you got approved Ric... Glimmer of hope.

Yeesh, 70% definitely can spook them.  And a bank really doesn't want to hear about how you're avoiding paying another bank interest on a balance they're prefer you be able to pay off well short of a year!  I'd try again once you get that utilization under 48.9% or so on any individual card.

If you do recon, report back, I'm curious what the results are!

Message 3740 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.