cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide


MustangSaluki wrote:

 

Last CLI Received on one of the accounts: 07/29/2012

 

I will complete 180 days since last CLI on January 25, 2013. (2+31+30+31+30+31+25). Eligible date for CLI going by this rule = January 26, 2013

I will complete 6 months since last CLI on January 29, 2013. Eligible date for CLI going by this rule = January 30, 2013

 

 

Am planning on attempting on Jan 26 first. My credit score is near 800 on EX and I have been tracking the softs. If I get denied, it will be most likely because of violating the eligibility rules and not income/credit profile. I will attempt again on Jan 30 if that is the case without necessarily waiting for email/snail mail. It will also confirm if I reset the window during the attempted credit shuffle on 08/14/2012

 

If others have datapoints to share, please do. 

 


Received 7-10 message on the CLI attempt. So looks like I jumped the gun lol bummerSmiley Indifferent

Message 71 of 3,688
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread


Joesh wrote:

So I'm at day 61 now (CSR told me account open was Nov. 26). And my screen looks like this:

 

Do I need to wait until Monday you think?


Do you see this option after clicking "Manage My Account"(Toggled to "HIDE ACCOUNT OPTIONS" in the pic below) next to the "Outstanding Balance/Available Credit" on main page? This is one more place where there is an option to request a CLI. If not you could always try the automated phone method or over the phone with a CSR Smiley Happy Let us know how it goes please!

 

 

 

Message 72 of 3,688
Established Member

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Thanks to this thread... Had got my Amex BCE in November 2012 (Date Approved: 11/19/2012, Date Activated 11/26/2012) for $3500 as starting limit. I don't have a very long credit history and so Amex had pulled all 3 of my reports, so I was a border case approval.

 

I applied for a 3x CLI online today to $10,500 and was instantly approved. My highest credit limit by long stretch.... Thanks everyone !!!

 

 

Message 73 of 3,688
New Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread


MustangSaluki wrote:

Joesh wrote:

So I'm at day 61 now (CSR told me account open was Nov. 26). And my screen looks like this:

 

Do I need to wait until Monday you think?


Do you see this option after clicking "Manage My Account"(Toggled to "HIDE ACCOUNT OPTIONS" in the pic below) next to the "Outstanding Balance/Available Credit" on main page? This is one more place where there is an option to request a CLI. If not you could always try the automated phone method or over the phone with a CSR Smiley Happy Let us know how it goes please!

 


Yeah. That spot is there. Just wanting to double check before I do. If I request a CLI and it is before the 61 day mark do I have to wait 90 days to try again? Or can I try again like the next day.

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 74 of 3,688
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread


Joesh wrote:

MustangSaluki wrote:

Joesh wrote:

So I'm at day 61 now (CSR told me account open was Nov. 26). And my screen looks like this:

 

Do I need to wait until Monday you think?


Do you see this option after clicking "Manage My Account"(Toggled to "HIDE ACCOUNT OPTIONS" in the pic below) next to the "Outstanding Balance/Available Credit" on main page? This is one more place where there is an option to request a CLI. If not you could always try the automated phone method or over the phone with a CSR Smiley Happy Let us know how it goes please!

 


Yeah. That spot is there. Just wanting to double check before I do. If I request a CLI and it is before the 61 day mark do I have to wait 90 days to try again? Or can I try again like the next day.


You can ask the next day. I shared this in post 54 and post 63, OP will be updated to include this as well. Seems like your account dates were already discussed in post 52.

 

 

Message 75 of 3,688
New Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread


MustangSaluki wrote:

Joesh wrote:

MustangSaluki wrote:

Joesh wrote:

So I'm at day 61 now (CSR told me account open was Nov. 26). And my screen looks like this:

 

Do I need to wait until Monday you think?


Do you see this option after clicking "Manage My Account"(Toggled to "HIDE ACCOUNT OPTIONS" in the pic below) next to the "Outstanding Balance/Available Credit" on main page? This is one more place where there is an option to request a CLI. If not you could always try the automated phone method or over the phone with a CSR Smiley Happy Let us know how it goes please!

 


Yeah. That spot is there. Just wanting to double check before I do. If I request a CLI and it is before the 61 day mark do I have to wait 90 days to try again? Or can I try again like the next day.


You can ask the next day. I shared this in post 54 and post 63, OP will be updated to include this as well. Seems like your account dates were already discussed in post 52.

 

 


Awesome. Got instant approval. New credit line is $15,000 from $5,000. Previous highest limit card was Citi Forward with $8,500!

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 76 of 3,688
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Congrats nixforfun and Joesh Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 3,688
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

OP updated.

 

01/26/2013: a) Added section "Some Generic CLI Guidelines") b) Added pic for another way to access CLI online c) Modified verbiage in "What happens if denied CLI".

Message 78 of 3,688
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

I was instantly approved on 11/14 for my BCE but I don't know when I activated the card.  Is there a way to find out?


Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 3,688
Valued Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread


crazysxycool wrote:

I was instantly approved on 11/14 for my BCE but I don't know when I activated the card.  Is there a way to find out?


Activation date doesn't matter, check out how to find the card created date in the first post of this thread. 


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 80 of 3,688