Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about CSP

Hi guys, first time poster here. Two part question:

I've been wanting the CSP for a long time. I've banked with Chase for a long time, and my FU was my first card. I had applied for a CSP a while ago, went through a whole fiasco (but that's for another thread), and ended up getting a Discover IT instead. I've been trying to get my limit up to 5K with Disco, but I'm sitting at 4K right now and haven't been able to get a CLI since December. 

I've been holding off on applying for the CSP until July to maximize my 1 year Disco cashback match, but I'm about to pay for 2 big trips and I'd like to be able to put those on the CSP to help get me to the bonus, and for the travel protections.

If I decided to go for it and apply for the CSP, what do you guys think my chances are? On my chase dashboard, I do get the offer to apply for it, but I don't get any offers through Chase pre-qualify.

FICO: 741
AAoA: 1yr 1mo
Util: 1%

Inq: 2

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on applying in-branch instead of online?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Thinking about CSP

Your FICO is 741 and your utilization is 1%. CSP should be the one worried about qualifying for you. I was approved for my CSP with scores in the 690 - 700 range. I also had 4 derogs from 2011 at the time.

Apply and let us know!
Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted on your CSP app.

I close on my home on Friday, and I believe the CSP will be my first app after closing!!

I'll also app right away for one of the Freedome cards with the $300 SUB!

Then I'll go for the Discover IT.

Once I get these 3, I'll garden for a while.

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say you are offered to apply on the chase dashboard, do you mean you've got a green checkmark on "my offers" tab when logged into chase and it's showing you the CSP?

If so this is about as close to 100% chance of success when it comes to prequal offers period. People who are otherwise ineligible for a chase card due to being over the 5/24 month new card limit are routinely approving for them anyways when the offer appears in "my offers".

These seem to override the otherwise standard exclusion criteria, as do in-branch prequal offers. It's a sign from the universe telling you "it's time". Click that glorious green checkmark and apply.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have the green checkmark. The application wasn't the same as others I've seen here where all they ask for is income. I went through the regular app and got a 30 day message. I'll call in tomorrow once they've processed it and see what happens.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is my first message on the board but I have been lurking around for some time now.

I went through this a few months back. I've had a Slate card (which was the first "prime" card I got during my rebuilding process) for almost a year. On Jan. of this year, I noticed the green check mark on the side bar menu while on the Chase app. I clicked and had offers for the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and the CSP. I was eyeing the CSP for a while and decided to go for it and incredibly got approved for $7,500 (highest SL and CL yet!) at the time my overall util was about 25% with the Slate at 65% (which is why I thought that I'd be wasting a pull). But since I had read that those offers that come with a green check mark are basically pre-approvals and they more than likely resulted in SP I decided to go for it. My scores were hovering around 680-695 across.

So if that check mark is there, I'd say go for it! Good luck!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input! I applied Sunday night, still getting the 30 day message. I haven't called lending yet because I've heard people say lately that the CSRs have been getting tons of call-ins and it seems to reduce your chances.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Just called in and was approved! SL of 14.8K, which is over twice as much as my previous total credit lines! Called in to get rush shipping, should arrive in 2-3 business days. Thanks for the help guys!
Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is closed to new messages; the new thread can be found here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/CSP-Approval/m-p/5198367

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.