Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is the day....to pull or not to pull....Amex 180-day

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Today is the day....to pull or not to pull....Amex 180-day

So, today is the day of my Amex 180-day cli.

Questions for the masses:

1. Do I use the pull on my BCE that already has a $21k limit? 3x21...yeeeeeea.

2. Do I use the pull on my ED card that is at $8500 (this would be the first cli on this card)?

I do have a high limit card, my NFCU Siggy @ $45k. 

I know the decision has already been made as to whether I will get one (to some degree anyway) or not. I've never been turned down for a full 3x-cli before and Amex gave me a auto-$3k bump in December (when the card hit a year old).

Thanks,

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Today is the day....to pull or not to pull....Amex 180-day

@madmann26 wrote:

So, today is the day of my Amex 180-day cli.

Questions for the masses:

1. Do I use the pull on my BCE that already has a $21k limit? 3x21...yeeeeeea.

2. Do I use the pull on my ED card that is at $8500 (this would be the first cli on this card)?  (Choose this one) Smiley LOL

@I do have a high limit card, my NFCU Siggy @ $45k. 

I know the decision has already been made as to whether I will get one (to some degree anyway) or not. I've never been turned down for a full 3x-cli before and Amex gave me a auto-$3k bump in December (when the card hit a year old).

Thanks,

Message 2 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'd do the second one.

I'm also due for another CLI on Friday. It will be 180 days since my last CLI on Amex and I'm planning to get my Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass limit up given that I have two $8k limit cards now. I think it's more important to me to have usable limits on cards I'm actually going to use.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second one!
Message 4 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Declined.

They are weird, that's for sure. I have 18% util. They are using a report from Jan 17th and my FICO score was 706.

Oh well,

I'll try again in 61 days. LOL.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that! 

Message 6 of 9
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Declined.

They are weird, that's for sure. I have 18% util. They are using a report from Jan 17th and my FICO score was 706.

Oh well,

90days is the minimum i think. Please do tell us reasons for denial once you receive the letter. My 180days is in march and my cli on ED 20.1,gonna ask 3x for that one to test my luck 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@madmann26 wrote:

Declined.

Oh well,

oh no!!!!  My heart sank when I saw that.  I'm sorry.  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@madmann26 wrote:

Declined.

Oh well,

@madmann26,

Sorry to hear.. That sucks..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.