Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took the Diners Club Plunge, 7-15 Day Message

tag
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Took the Diners Club Plunge, 7-15 Day Message

@FinStar: did you use a PO Box or PMB address or was the issue solely on their end?
Message 21 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:
@FinStar: did you use a PO Box or PMB address or was the issue solely on their end?

Well, you can't use a PO BOX for submitting the application - it won't let you (for any lender).  I used my standard residential address.  It was a system glitch that somehow blocked the information on the application (from what I understand based on what the U/W mentioned there was a mess of errors on their application interface from that weekend on 9/27-9/28 - can we say overload? LOL).

Essentially, it picked up the PO BOX address from CRA (even though TU has both addresses) therefore making it unverifiable.  For some reason their system was unable to extract the (TU) physical address.  So, to get around all that I had to call TU and ensure it had my main residence as primary and PO BOX as secondary.  They gave it a whirl and again, same issue.  Turns out it was some sort of code on the application that messed up not only mine but several applications "in flight" during that weekend.  A few back and forth calls from U/W and CSRs (pleasant people btw) solved the issue.  I suppose they felt bad so that's why in the end they expedited the card for me Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 64
rlx01
Established Contributor

Hmmm... I wonder if they went back and fixed all those broken apps.

Has anyone actually received a denial letter by mail yet? That seems odd.
Message 23 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:
Hmmm... I wonder if they went back and fixed all those broken apps.

Has anyone actually received a denial letter by mail yet? That seems odd.

Honestly rlx01 - I have yet to recieve that letter.  I'm thinking the squirrels stole it from my mailbox Smiley Tongue  And, a couple of the CSRs during the second week mentioned I had to wait for the letter to see what my next steps were for verifying the information.  If it wasn't for this very helpful CSR that dug into a bit further I think the application would still be in limbo somewhere.  She eventually patched me through their U/W team so they could investigate the issue more in-depth.  So, as I type this right now, no letter has arrived which has gone beyond the 15 business days that was stated on the message.

Message 24 of 64
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I called again and apparently they sent me a letter, the csr said they didn't know the content of the letter and if the letter was good news I will get a card a few days later but it seems clear I was denied! As they couldn't locate me in the system on frontline Wth! Lol
Message 25 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Happychap wrote:
I called again and apparently they sent me a letter, the csr said they didn't know the content of the letter and if the letter was good news I will get a card a few days later but it seems clear I was denied! As they couldn't locate me in the system on frontline Wth! Lol

When did you apply?  So, if they confirmed a letter was sent and there is no record of your information on the system it's probably not approved.  I was eventually approved due to some address snafu/verification thing but to this day I have not received that original letter.  I had originally applied on 9/28.

Message 26 of 64
rlx01
Established Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

That sounds like a denial. But a pretty strange one with your stats. Maybe you can ask to talk to UW?

Message 27 of 64
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

The CSR said she couldn't tell me the reason said lending didn't tell just a letter was sent. I was shocked that I got denied and look forward to the reason if I ever get that letter! The only reason it may be is too much available credit? I have over 700k in credit limits but no one has denied me before for having too much. My score today is 802 on TU 1% Uti no baddies lots and lots of cards averge limit 30k highest limit 40k lowest 5k and high income. I never get confident in applying for cards but for this one I was actually very confident! I guess too confident! Lol I did just apply for elite version now seeing I don't have many inq on TU and got 7-15 day message. I apped for premier before, but seeing they don't seem to know what they're doing I thought I apply again hoping they have it more together in processing new apps...
Message 28 of 64
rlx01
Established Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
The CSR said she couldn't tell me the reason said lending didn't tell just a letter was sent. I was shocked that I got denied and look forward to the reason if I ever get that letter! The only reason it may be is too much available credit? I have over 700k in credit limits but no one has denied me before for having too much. My score today is 802 on TU 1% Uti no baddies lots and lots of cards averge limit 30k highest limit 40k lowest 5k and high income. I never get confident in applying for cards but for this one I was actually very confident! I guess too confident! Lol I did just apply for elite version now seeing I don't have many inq on TU and got 7-15 day message. I apped for premier before, but seeing they don't seem to know what they're doing I thought I apply again hoping they have it more together in processing new apps...

I have a similar set of stats + income. Have not received any word about my 9/29 Premier app. Last status was 'processing'.

I plan to apply for the Elite in a couple of days, also. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Happychap wrote:

Have you seen the 2 TU inquiries as of yet?

Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.