Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toys R Us CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Toys R Us CC

Does anyone know who Sychrony pulls for Toys R Us? My mom applied last night thinking they will TU and as of today there is no HP on TU. We are not sure about the others because she doesn't has monitoring service for TU but her other 2 reports were frozen and I only told her to unfreeze TU for Toys R Us which they didn't pull.

If they tried to pull a different report could we call and unfreeze the report and ask for them to pull again or ask that they pull TU? Or does synchrony not do that.

Thanks everyone in advance. I on the other hand did not apply which I am very proud of myself plus all 3 of my reports are on Ice
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toys R Us CC

Synch has had a nasty habit of EX pulling lately.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I didn't know that Smiley Sad I was approved for Walmart and Amazon in October and both times they pulled TU so I told her just unfreezing her TU will be good enough but boy was I wrong Smiley Sad

*i actually meant to say in my original post that she only has monitoring service for TU and not the other 2 plus the other 2 are frozen so if they tried to pull one of them they wouldn't be able to and we wouldn't see a HP but will they call my mom and ask her for the PIN number to pull or will they just deny it.
Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow I didn't know that Smiley Sad I was approved for Walmart and Amazon in October and both times they pulled TU so I told her just unfreezing her TU will be good enough but boy was I wrong Smiley Sad

*i actually meant to say in my original post that she only has monitoring service for TU and not the other 2 plus the other 2 are frozen so if they tried to pull one of them they wouldn't be able to and we wouldn't see a HP but will they call my mom and ask her for the PIN number to pull or will they just deny it.

As Nixon mentioned above, SYNCB can pull EX for some of their cards (they've done so for several folks lately...myself included). Typically, the application is denied and no, they do not call for PIN#.  Generally, the letter could provide more information as to what next steps to take in the event reports are frozen or if they need you to contact them.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you! I called for my mom they said they true to pull Experian. So crazy. I wonder if they stopped pulling TU now and they strictly pull EX
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

*tried to pull Experian (not true, stupid phone lol)
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thank you! I called for my mom they said they true to pull Experian. So crazy. I wonder if they stopped pulling TU now and they strictly pull EX

Not sure on the exclusivity part for being EX pullers going forward since they are still pulling TU for some other CCs, so it's one of those YEMV situations.  For instance, just last week I applied and got approved for the Sam's Club MC - they pulled TU.  In October, I got approved for Ebates Visa and they pulled EX, last year I got approved for Ebay MC and they pulled EX as well.  It has certainly suprised a lot of folks since SYNCB has been a predominant TU puller and just goes to show you that they can change things up at any given moment.

Message 7 of 14
toi34
Established Contributor

I applied for the Toys R Us and they pulled TU. I have noticed that for their finance cards like Ashley Furniture, Matress stores, Lens Crafters, etc.  they are pulling Ex. Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 14
toi34
Established Contributor

Toys R Us CC

I applied for the Toys R Us and they pulled TU. I have noticed that for their finance cards like Ashley Furniture, Matress stores, Lens Crafters, etc.  they are pulling Ex. Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 12 GE accounts (Toys R  Us in November).  All were TU pulls

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.