Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried For AMEX BCE CLI....

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Tried For AMEX BCE CLI....

And got the 7-10 day message.  I'm 95% certain that spells a denial. Was reluctant to try it b/c of all the AA I've read about AMEX lately...people having their CLs reduced to $1K. This was the second try--the first was back in early March approx. 61 days after opening the account. Can't complain too much though b/c they started me off with a bigger CL than I expected--$10K. More than likely was b/c of the 4 new accts. I opened in May/June. I held back and didn't try for the full 3X--I only asked for $19,500. Oh well, I might give it another shot in late Sept.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tried For AMEX BCE CLI....

Most of the 7-10 day messages are denials.  But some people get that message and then get approved in a few hours.  So you may still get the increase...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that 

Message 3 of 7
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Wow that's a bummer.
Message 4 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

sorry.

Message 5 of 7
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

Don't feel bad OP.  Amex won't give me one either.  Stuck at $2,600 for 9 years.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 6 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

And got the 7-10 day message.  I'm 95% certain that spells a denial. Was reluctant to try it b/c of all the AA I've read about AMEX lately...people having their CLs reduced to $1K. This was the second try--the first was back in early March approx. 61 days after opening the account. Can't complain too much though b/c they started me off with a bigger CL than I expected--$10K. More than likely was b/c of the 4 new accts. I opened in May/June. I held back and didn't try for the full 3X--I only asked for $19,500. Oh well, I might give it another shot in late Sept.

could be. they also denied me for my cli. i went for 25k. currently at 10k. they said because of my length of time as a  amex customer. im like what. ive had it 9 months now. but they also used an old report. from april. wish i would have waited until they updated my credit report.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.