Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try for a 4th chase card !?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try for a 4th chase card !?

I'm really eyeing either the CSP , marriot or the Hyatt which one is best !? Also I would like to know which card do you guys think is the hotel credit card I know spg has some strength but I also know Hyatt and marriot give you a free night that way outweighs the AF , I know ritz has a pretty awesome card but I'm not about to pay $395 a year to use those benefits once every year . any. Suggestions ? I notice chase is quick to approve partner cards but stingy on their own cards like csp freedom slate ... 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Try for a 4th chase card !?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm really eyeing either the CSP , marriot or the Hyatt which one is best !? Also I would like to know which card do you guys think is the hotel credit card I know spg has some strength but I also know Hyatt and marriot give you a free night that way outweighs the AF , I know ritz has a pretty awesome card but I'm not about to pay $395 a year to use those benefits once every year . any. Suggestions ? I notice chase is quick to approve partner cards but stingy on their own cards like csp freedom slate ... 

You may want to settle down if you don't really have anything planned with the signup bonuses.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I do I n the case of Hyatt I can sure find 2 nights to stay in any of there properties I'm in Florida (central Florida) I'm almost sure they have a couple of awesome beachside hotels 

Message 3 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

It's going to depend on what you want to achieve:

CSP seems to be popular for a regular travel rewards card. General "travel and dining" spend categories to my understanding.

Marriott seems to be a slighly wider availability of properties, at least in the geographic areas I've looked into. The points value, from what I understand, is only 0.7 cents per point, so does not earn at the same rate as Hyatt.

Hyatt seems to earn points worth 2 cents each, so could lead to faster earning.

With the hotel cards, a lot of it depends on whether you plan to stay at that hotel at least a few nights a year. That's where the real points earnings happens. And you can earn points that way just by being in their free loyalty program, and paying with the CSP.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I do I n the case of Hyatt I can sure find 2 nights to stay in any of there properties I'm in Florida (central Florida) I'm almost sure they have a couple of awesome beachside hotels 

Well.

It's two cards per 30 days. And if you're lucky you can get two cards per set of pulls.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So try for marriot , csp on one shot ?! 

Message 6 of 12
bigbang91
Established Contributor

CSP would be nice if you have freedom, i have 2 airline cards+FD+SP from Chase. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go with the CSP and get that bonus 

Message 8 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I had the Hyatt card about 2 years ago. I was never able to actually use those two free nights, but you have to call in and have them manually check availability. But they are extremely friendly so it wasn't a bad experience, just kind of old school in terms of redemption. Hyatt is probably a better bonus than Marriott, but Hyatt doesn't come close to the number of worldwide locations of Marriott.

I also had CSP at one point. The UR points give more flexibility than Hyatt or Marriott points. Out of the three cards, Marriott is the only one I still have. The problem with Chase cards is they all have good bonuses Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
I had the Hyatt card about 2 years ago. I was never able to actually use those two free nights, but you have to call in and have them manually check availability. But they are extremely friendly so it wasn't a bad experience, just kind of old school in terms of redemption. Hyatt is probably a better bonus than Marriott, but Hyatt doesn't come close to the number of worldwide locations of Marriott.

I also had CSP at one point. The UR points give more flexibility than Hyatt or Marriott points. Out of the three cards, Marriott is the only one I still have. The problem with Chase cards is they all have good bonuses Smiley Tongue

Yeah, It's interesting that they have all the good bonus offers. It would have been great to have awesome credit when it was still easy to churn them.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.