Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two barclay cards?

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Two barclay cards?

Hello,

I have the barclay arrival card which originally was the barclay rewards card but PC'd it to arrival last year. I was wondering if maybe I should apply for the barclay rewards card and see if i can trasnfer that credit line over to the arrival if I get approved? Would this even work? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two barclay cards?

@mattayy wrote:

Hello,

I have the barclay arrival card which originally was the barclay rewards card but PC'd it to arrival last year. I was wondering if maybe I should apply for the barclay rewards card and see if i can trasnfer that credit line over to the arrival if I get approved? Would this even work? 

Only works the other way around.

Message 2 of 47
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

what do you mean?

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

what do you mean?

Open new card, move old card limit to new card.

Message 4 of 47
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Oh so apply for the new card then move my old limit to it got it...

Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

Oh so apply for the new card then move my old limit to it got it...

Out of curiosity, How long have you had Barclay's?

Message 6 of 47
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Around a year and a half

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

Around a year and a half

Maybe try for an Arrival+?

0% APR on purchases and BT's for 12mos with that link.

Message 8 of 47
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I don't think my scores are good enough for that Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

I don't think my scores are good enough for that Smiley Sad

If they approved you for an Arrival, I'm sure you can get an Arrival+. Barclay's likes to see history with them.

Give it a shot, Even if you have to Recon and move your Arrival CL over.

Edit: I see you PC'd to an Arrival.. Give it a whirl, You have history with them!

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.