Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two cards from Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two cards from Chase?

Would I be pushing my luck to apply for the Freedom? I really want to be able to move the 5% categories to UR points with the CSR redemption rate.

Would they hard pull again or use the ones from Monday night?

I was approved for the Chase CSR on Monday night. That post is below.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Sapphire-Reserve-Approved-Cold-App-Onlin...

I have read some horror stories of people getting there CSP or CSR cards revoked for applying for too many other cards after, but I have also seen a lot where people applied for back to back Chase cards. It’s not the end of the world to wait 6 months, but it would be nice not to get double pulled again.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Two cards from Chase?

You have a very good chance at obtaining the other card you want. I'd say it would be one set of pulls if you'd done them back to back. Now there's a chance of a second HP. I've seen folks luck out and still receive only the single pulls per CB when apping days apart. If you want the card, go for it and be willing to take that HP. The second pull isn't a life changer either way. People give INQs way too much weight around here.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you GMood! Very good point on the inquiries. I guess I was more worried about Chase pulling back my account then the inquiries. My plan was always to app for both, but then I read a few stories on here. Although in those cases the people applied for several cards with other banks immediately after being approved with Chase so I guess that is a little different.

Message 3 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

During my apps with Chase, I've apped for probably 35 cards in the last 30 months. Last app with Chase was 6 months ago. My app went to manual review. I was still approved for the card.
Personally I don't believe those types of issues arise for the majority of us. I'm well out of the norm and have never had an issue. Knock on wood or gorilla glass screen.lol
You have great scores and not many CCs. It would be unusual for someone like yourself to have those issues.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you GMood! I think I am going to go for it tonight. My CSR is on its way via overnight thanks to all the suggestions in here I knew to call and ask. I looked at the Freedom catergories for 2017 and none included Amazon. Do you know if they ever include Amazon? Are the catergories the same every year just in different orders? I was really wanting to move UR points to CSR, but now I am thinking as much as I order from Amazon it might be better to just get the Chase Amazon instead even though you can't move the rewards. Sorry for all the questions.

Message 5 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I've seen Amazon offered in the past on Freedom. I use my Amazon CC more than I do the Freedom. It sometimes goes several months without any use at all. I'd get the one you'll benefit from the most.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.