Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: AMEX BCE APPROVAL!! RECON SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE 2: APPROVED!RECON SUCCESS!! Confused by Amex Recon Process

$1k limit, 22%APR Transunion report with 667 score. Not even close to my $7k CL on Discover

Message 21 of 27
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Re: Confused by Amex Recon Process

@ccb2115 wrote:

So instead of calling the executive office, I decided to email the SVP of New Accounts. Figured I'd give it a try. I stated my case and confusion.  

Where did you get this e-mail and what is it?

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 22 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: AMEX BCE APPROVAL!! RECON SUCCESS

Oh my god!!! I cannot believe this thread! Please pm me the email you used for the SVP!!!!!

Im gardening currently and trying to reduce my util, which is just 14% currently.
I'm just so amazed that you reconned Amex successfully!!!! I want Amex so bad! A real one! I have the Travelocity Amex :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 27
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Congrats...can you PM the SVP you used for recon. I'm in a recon with Amex since 12-14-12..I dont have a (fc,bk, repo, or garn) their stated reasons for denial. I sent EX CR and they still HP'd me...just faxed again after anothe denial...stating i have a fc..which i dont..i was lte on 5 mtg pmts for a loan mod last year, but has been current for over 13mos now...did a goodwill w/lender now acct shows pd as agreed...no negs....EX plus score 748/FIC 736....i need somone w/sense to manually review my CR to see what i'm seeing..no foreclosure!! ...thanks 

@ccb2115 wrote:

My status had been "In Progress" for almost two weeks, and now says Approved!!!! I was in correspondence with a very nice lady from in the Executive Referrals Dept. about the process and she kept apologizing telling me that for some odd reason, the manual reviewers had not updated her with an answer yet. I called again today and she said they still had not updated her with any decisions, but that she would push back on them today for an answer and would give me a call by the end of the day. I told her that it's been almost a month since I applied so maybe it would just be easier to cancel the app and reapply on the 30th. She said I could do that, but she wanted me to hold on a bit longer, at least until the end of the day, to see if they would have an answer by then. She did not call me before the end of the day, but I just checked my status and it says Approved!! I'm so happy! My first Amex Revolver!! 

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 24 of 27
aav
Established Contributor

It's been a long time since your post .. but can you pm me the email address of the senior vp you contacted?

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 25 of 27
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE 2: APPROVED!RECON SUCCESS!! Confused by Amex Recon Process

@ccb2115 wrote:

Just called and checked. My CL is 1,000. Womp womp. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I read on here that they usually give out 1,000 CL's if you were borderline, or approved after a Recon. I do have a ton of inquires on EX and a CO from 2008, so I shouldn't complain at all. I will treat this card like a new child. 

**edited**  Just realized post is from 2012. Caught up in the moment of issuing "Congrats" without looking at dates.Smiley Indifferent

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 26 of 27
alvon123
Super Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

My status had been "In Progress" for almost two weeks, and now says Approved!!!! I was in correspondence with a very nice lady from in the Executive Referrals Dept. about the process and she kept apologizing telling me that for some odd reason, the manual reviewers had not updated her with an answer yet. I called again today and she said they still had not updated her with any decisions, but that she would push back on them today for an answer and would give me a call by the end of the day. I told her that it's been almost a month since I applied so maybe it would just be easier to cancel the app and reapply on the 30th. She said I could do that, but she wanted me to hold on a bit longer, at least until the end of the day, to see if they would have an answer by then. She did not call me before the end of the day, but I just checked my status and it says Approved!! I'm so happy! My first Amex Revolver!! 

congrats

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.