cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!! Comentity Bank NOW REQUIRES HARD PULL for ALL Visa/MasterCard's FOR SCT!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: URGENT!! Comentity Bank NOW REQUIRES HARD PULL for ALL Visa/MasterCard's FOR SCT!!

I really don't see the disadvantage here. If it keeps people from getting too many low limit store cards that they'll never use that should be considered a plus. I have store cards (from synchrony) but I have and will use them. I had Amazon canceled but will reapply after a year now that prime members (of which I am one) can get 5% cash back. That'd be a great reason to get a store card right there, especially since Amazon is one of my major retailers. Comenity cards just don't do it for me.
Message 31 of 67
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: URGENT!! Comentity Bank NOW REQUIRES HARD PULL for ALL Visa/MasterCard's FOR SCT!!

Wow! I did not know that Nix. Amex gives only a SP for Denials? Thanks

Message 32 of 67
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Message 33 of 67
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Well. Now Comentity is doing HPs for SCT cards. perhaps it just reinforces the fact I have no desire to obtain one..

=)

Why waste an HP on a awful card.....

Message 34 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because approval rush.lol...
Message 35 of 67
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Guessing Overstock is still soft?
Message 36 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

To update this, I was approved for Sportsmans Guide visa yesterday, it was defnitely a SP

Message 37 of 67
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Replied to a reply didnt see original date.  Delete if needed, was no need for my post.

Message 38 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity-Buckle did a hard pull when I requested a cli on their updated website. It used to be soft pulls on their old site. But, now it shows up as an inquiry on my experian credit report. If I known that, I wouldn't have bothered. It is not worth the inquiry that will be on there for 2 years.

Message 39 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Rewards Signature Visa, Good Sam Signature Visa, and Sportsman's Guide Visa are not in the same group as the Comenity store cards. They are major cc's that often give very large starting limits and generous CLI's. Good cards.Not all Comenity is dust.

Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.