cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways App denied because I am not a Premier Member?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Airways App denied because I am not a Premier Member?

My credit scores have jumped up alot in the last few days as my PIF balances are started to report so I decided to apply for the US Airways card to marry the points with my new Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select.

Well I was outright denied online. I called the recon line:

Analyst #1 Said it was because I was not a Premier US Airways miles member? But there was no hard pull so I could apply for the lower product. I went online to look for this "lower" US Airways product and I could not find it. 

Still confused about what he meant I called back to the recon line

Analyst #2 Said that yes I was not a Premier US Airways miles member and that was why my app was denied, but it was  a HP and I could not apply for another US Airways product for 30 days.  Smiley Sad

I am still confused by the conflicting information and also disappointed I cannot reapply until March 9 ish. I know my credit score will be better then, but all these recent applications inquiries will show up. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways App denied because I am not a Premier Member?

@jetsetsociety wrote:

My credit scores have jumped up alot in the last few days as my PIF balances are started to report so I decided to apply for the US Airways card to marry the points with my new Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select.

Analyst #1 Said it was because I was not a Premier US Airways miles member? But there was no hard pull so I could apply for the lower product. I went online to look for this "lower" US Airways product and I could not find it. 

Analyst #2 Said that yes I was not a Premier US Airways miles member and that was why my app was denied, but it was  a HP and I could not apply for another US Airways product for 30 days.  Smiley Sad

I am still confused by the conflicting information and also disappointed I cannot reapply until March 9 ish. I know my credit score will be better then, but all these recent applications inquiries will show up. 

Just went thru this last month with my g/f.  You applied via the wrong link.  The link you applied thru was for a Premier award members and it is auto rejected because you aren't that level.  Unfortunately you do need to wait the 30 days and apply directly from the Barclays page not one you see elsewhere . Definitely no HP was done.

Took talking to 3 reps before one knew what they were talking about.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thank you for clarifying it! I am just glad it wasn't a Hard Pull. I will wait the 30 days then and come back to double check I have the right link . 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jetsetsociety wrote:

Wow, thank you for clarifying it! I am just glad it wasn't a Hard Pull. I will wait the 30 days then and come back to double check I have the right link . 

Yeah it's a pain in the butt.  I felt bad because I was the one who applied for my g/f and I did use a link from one of the mileage blog sites.  From what the knowledgable rep told us and what I read elsewhere this happened to a lot of people.  Personally I think they should be able to override their rule about not applying for 30 days after a denial because there wasn't an actual denial but they said there was no way to override the computer .

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jetsetsociety wrote:

Just went thru this last month with my g/f.  You applied via the wrong link.  The link you applied thru was for a Premier award members and it is auto rejected because you aren't that level.  Unfortunately you do need to wait the 30 days and apply directly from the Barclays page not one you see elsewhere . Definitely no HP was done.

Took talking to 3 reps before one knew what they were talking about.

+ 1   just use the barclaycard website and apply through there like Notre Dame said next time.  It'll tell you "if not approved for Sig version then you will be considered for Platinum."  I try to make sure all of those type of cards I apply for have a Platinum fall-back option to be considered for automatically.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.