cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Premier World Mastercard

tag
mrfgcu

US Airways Premier World Mastercard

I apped for Chase Freedom and was approved after recconing for a limit of 3000, but was denied for the US Airways card. My TU fico is 696 and my other cards are Cap1 Quicksilver with a 2850 credit limit and a barclaycard rewards card with 2000. I plan to recon the US airways card tomorrow and was just looking for some advice on how to get approved. This is my first post and would appreciate all the advice i can get. i plan to garden for the next year until i graduate college. Also my current income is just under 40,000 which is high for being a student. Please give me some input on how to turn that denial around.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Airways Premier World Mastercard

Barclays is sensitive to new accounts and will even go so far to count the last 24 months in that "new" category. Be friendly, have a copy of your credit report handy and be prepared to answer any potential red flags with complete honesty. Acknowledging and taking complete ownership of past credit missteps goes A LOT farther than playing stupid (example: oh that shouldn't be there, the bank screwed up is something they don't want to hear).

Be prepared to explain why you want the card and why you would be a good customer. Goodluck!!
Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Most likely you were denied because you have a current barclay account.

how long have you had it?

they will issue 2 cards but they can be sensitive and hard to get the 2nd

Message 3 of 15
mrfgcu

I've had the card for 6 months. I was wondering if I could transfer the credit limit over to help get approved? Does barclays do this like chase does?
Message 4 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Rarely, if ever. Barclays would never give me a 2nd account and refused to reallocate my limits at every point.

Agree with Creditaddict, Barclays can be difficult approving a 2nd card in the same year.
Message 5 of 15
mrfgcu

Well i called today and was approved for 5000. The lady was very helpful and allowed me to move my credit limit from my previous card over to the new US Airways card. Thank you for all the help!

Message 6 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG OP Congrats to you!  Glad that it worked out for you, enjoy it!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@mrfgcu wrote:

Well i called today and was approved for 5000. The lady was very helpful and allowed me to move my credit limit from my previous card over to the new US Airways card. Thank you for all the help!

Congrats on the approvals. ..your experience  gives me back some confidence to app for my 2nd Barclaycard with 7 "new" accounts.  We will see end of May or early June..Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Most likely you were denied because you have a current barclay account.

how long have you had it?

they will issue 2 cards but they can be sensitive and hard to get the 2nd

YMMV on this as I was able to get 4 barclay accounts within 1 year(3 in the past 4 months,With very high limits),This is what I think barclays likes: lots of usage on thier cards ,This is what I did.And paid them in full,The only one I kept a balance on was the apple card has I got the 0% promo for a new ipad and iphoneSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrfgcu wrote:

Good job OP, congrats on your new card(s) Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.