Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Denied?

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Denied?

I app'ed for this card on Saturday, and was given the dreaded 7-10 response. I was anxious, so I called underwriting that day and the automated system gave me a denial. The day being Saturday, (and after closing time) I had to wait till today to actually speak to a person. So I gave them a call this morning, and a nice CSR lady told me that something was off on the computer with my SSN and that she would give it to underwriting for a second look. She told me to call them back in a couple of busniess days and check the status of my applicaiton.

I checked earlier this evening the automated system again (anxiously of course) and still a denial. I am weary because I know that US Bank new account and inquiry sensative, and sine the past two years I probably have around 8 accounts opened. I think they pulled TU because I see it on there Within the last 4 months I have applied for 4 cards. Marvel, Bank of America BBRs, Disney Chase, and Capital One Playstation (that was my spree sort of). The scores listed I have on TU is 747 on TU and 729 on EQ. 

I know they check some other scores too... but I wasn't about to go through all the trouble of freezing those accounts for this card.

I have never missed a payment, or had a loan, or defaulted. My annual income is around $33,000 give or take.

Do you think I have a chance for this card, with recon?

Does the system update and go into processing or does it stay a denial?

I swear (although I did this after I got my Playstation Card) that I won't put in anymore apps after this!!!

I want this card for the 5% on cellphone as my bill runs almost three hundred dollars it being a family share plan.

Thanks so much for the responses.

Sabre

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
minski
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Denied?

My experience:

I applied in May. 2 new accounts in Jan and 3 other accounts in the past year. I also applied for 3 other cards at the same time with the Cash+ being the first of four. My scores were 750+. No derogs. Income about $50K. Highest CL $12,500; Lowest APR 8.25%-13.24%. After a review they gave me $1500 CL with 24.24% APR Cash Rewards card. They no longer give the lower tier Cash Rewards card if you don't qualify for the Cash+. About a month ago I managed to PC the Cash Rewards to the Platinum Cash +. However, one can get the Visa Signature with a minimum CL of $1000.  

Message 2 of 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Wow. They're a tough bank! Thanks for your experience minski. I just checked right now and it's back to pending status!! This is killing me!!!!! Lol. I wouldn't care if they gave me a low starting line! I'd just pay multiple times in a month. Now waiting for an answer is the difficult part!!!
Message 3 of 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Update: Called again today and was approved. No idea what my SL is though. Good enough for me! Discount cellphone bill here I come!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appd for US Bank Club Carlson Premier Visa on September 21st. Got the "7 - 10 Day message". I assumed a denial. Today, October 1st, exactly ten days later, I received the "Welcome to Club Carlson Premier Visa" and see the new account added online. It doesn't show my CL, but I'm hoping being a "Signature Visa" it'll be at least 5K minimum. But it seems US Bank can definitely take at least a week or more to hear something. Congrats !!!!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sabrewulf152@

Approved!!!!! Update us with CL...

!!!!!!!!😄NOIIICE😄!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval Saber!

Hope you get your visa siggy Drew! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!!!! Congrats on your Club carson drew!! I will update SL as soon as the card gets here! I think it's a Signature as I got an email yesterday saying, "Welcome to the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card. Now comes the easy part - use yoyr card to be rewarded dor your purchases."

I hope this isn't a generic message! In vainity, I would like it to be a Visa Signature, it's shiny!!😀
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sabrewulf152@

Thks for update!!!!! Sounds like you're in as far as Sig... Hope to get some US bank luv here soon....awesome choice...Happy Ficoing!!! Lol😁

On mobile so can't see sig...is this your 1st US bank app???

!!!!!!!!😄NOIIICE😄!!!!!!!!!!
Message 9 of 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

@MILOfico I didn't have a sig yet before! Just added it today. XP Yes, this is my first CC with US Bank! Hope to treat them well and reap the rewards. Smiley Happy GL with US Bank!!! Hoping for some luv your way too! Thanks!! Now I "garden"... it is in quotation marks as it's always tenative with me till app fever hits me agian. LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.