cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum p/c to Cash + Surprise!

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum p/c to Cash + Surprise!

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Well what a surprise yet again. I called US Bank tonite to point out missing data not showing on my card account details. A first so far with them.

Seems their new website transition is just that, not fully implimented yet as they move accounts into the new online system.

US Bank is my first and longest CC account that's been maxed in 2013 and let continued balances roll all year at the 0% 12 month apr intro that only recently ended.

By design (and curiosity) I've been test bedding their limits for concern or review as to determine exactly how they view this extended practice of dragging it out this long. Keep in mind this is no rewards card, but simply a basic plain jane platinum credit card.

While on the phone with this Friendly! CSR i hinted that at some point when i pay it off completely i might like to add their Cash + rewards card to make use of the different 3%-5% and everyday 1% offers the Cash + offers.

What she did was "at once" product change my premium card over to the US Bank Cash+ with the remark that my account is eligible for this PC without a single hesitation.

So there it is, i was caught once again completely by surprise over this new upgrade. No prior emails, no snail mailers, not even a hint i was even qualified for this PC after getting shot down for a 1 year CLI that i just submitted for in December with a wasted HP denial.

I'm completely thrilled and relieved at the same time over this new upgrade since i conceded that i would be stuck with what i had for a lot longer time.

Magic! Stepped into these matters yet once again.

Congratz OP!!! Out of curiousity what is your credit limit with the Platinum?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 11 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Message 12 of 28
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Ouch hate to be the barer of bad news but they gave you the Cash Rewards minimum for a Cash+ is $5000 samething just happened to me recently except i didnt convert but i applied for the Cash+ rep stated i was approved but then called me back and said he made a mistake im approved for 1500 which is Cash Rewards and not the Cash+

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 13 of 28
blunderer
Established Contributor

Woo Hoo!

Congrats!!!

Message 14 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yeah i believe signature cards start at 5 and Cash + is a sig but i read some lenders (chase maybe?) IDK, can and do offer them at less then that standard?
Either way I'll update whatever i learn on this when i call them again tonite and probe for some confirmation one way or the other.

I'm climbing a ladder right now, one step, one foot at a time as to not slip as i move ever so gingerly to one promotion/CLI at a time.
Message 15 of 28
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Yeah i believe signature cards start at 5 and Cash + is a sig but i read some lenders (chase maybe?) IDK, can and do offer them at less then that standard?
Either way I'll update whatever i learn on this when i call them again tonite and probe for some confirmation one way or the other.

I'm climbing a ladder right now, one step, one foot at a time as to not slip as i move ever so gingerly to one promotion/CLI at a time.

To check just login your online banking then go to rewards of that new account thats showing below ur acct number it will say Cash Reward if its the Cash Reward or Cash+ if its Cash+

Current Cards

Message 16 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Logged In. No changes yet. I expected that. It's why i said tonite i'm gonna try to get some confirmation on exactly what is and what's what and when.

To be continued......
Message 17 of 28
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Well what a surprise yet again. I called US Bank tonite to point out missing data not showing on my card account details. A first so far with them.

Seems their new website transition is just that, not fully implimented yet as they move accounts into the new online system.

US Bank is my first and longest CC account that's been maxed in 2013 and let continued balances roll all year at the 0% 12 month apr intro that only recently ended.

By design (and curiosity) I've been test bedding their limits for concern or review as to determine exactly how they view this extended practice of dragging it out this long. Keep in mind this is no rewards card, but simply a basic plain jane platinum credit card.

While on the phone with this Friendly! CSR i hinted that at some point when i pay it off completely i might like to add their Cash + rewards card to make use of the different 3%-5% and everyday 1% offers the Cash + offers.

What she did was "at once" product change my premium card over to the US Bank Cash+ with the remark that my account is eligible for this PC without a single hesitation.

So there it is, i was caught once again completely by surprise over this new upgrade. No prior emails, no snail mailers, not even a hint i was even qualified for this PC after getting shot down for a 1 year CLI that i just submitted for in December with a wasted HP denial.

I'm completely thrilled and relieved at the same time over this new upgrade since i conceded that i would be stuck with what i had for a lot longer time.

Magic! Stepped into these matters yet once again.

Congrats!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's confirmed.

I missed calling last night to confirm but tonite it was definite. The product change is done and i will be getting the new Cash + card in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days.

Finally some positive movement in the right direction.
Message 19 of 28
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.