Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank under review?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank under review?

I recently applied for the FlexPerks + and it said my application is under review...should I be worried or should I give them a call? thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank under review?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for the FlexPerks + and it said my application is under review...should I be worried or should I give them a call? thanks.

I just recently applied for a pre-approved offer and got the same message. Others have told me that US Bank often does manual reviews .. mine was approved 3 days later but I have no clue yet on the CL and if signature or platinum version.  Good luck!  I would  wait for a few days and call the app status line in the meantime. Mine said processing for a few days and all the sudden congratulations.

Message 2 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

99% manual review. A buddy of mine had credit scores in the mid 800s and got the same response. Both of mine were manual reviewed for approval and when offered auto CLIs. Smiley Happy Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 9
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

I apped for their Aeromexico VS and went to review for about 10 days. Came back approved for regular visa with CL of 5000.  Regular visa was not what I applied for and has lower program benefits. When card showed up in the mail I called in and cancelled it. They told me that it could not be upgraded to VS even though CL met minimum.  My only and last experience with this CCC.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

I apped for their Aeromexico VS and went to review for about 10 days. Came back approved for regular visa with CL of 5000.  Regular visa was not what I applied for and has lower program benefits. When card showed up in the mail I called in and cancelled it. They told me that it could not be upgraded to VS even though CL met minimum.  My only and last experience with this CCC.

US Bank does this all the freaking time. It is annoying as heck. But usually they will let you upgrade. However, in some cases, like the Club Carlson, that is still lame because there the bonus is a big part of the reason to apply, and the non-sig has much lower bonus and anniversary bonus

Message 5 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

This is usual with them as mentioned by others.

Just wait for a week or so for the decision. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

US Bank does this all the freaking time. It is annoying as heck. But usually they will let you upgrade. However, in some cases, like the Club Carlson, that is still lame because there the bonus is a big part of the reason to apply, and the non-sig has much lower bonus and anniversary bonus

It's an annoying and completely arbitrary process indeed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As has been posted over time ... US Bank does much of their credit approvals by manual review. There is a lot of old school in this bank. On three different occasions spread over ten months I went in to a branch and applied for credit through the personal banker. The two credit cards got the 7-10 day message and it took two days for appproval. Only the US Bank PLOC was approval on the spot. Most of the posters I have read say the same things. Best to let the process go and see what comes out in the end.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same message when I app'd for the Flexperks Amex.  Two or three days later a new account was listed in online profile and 5 or 6 days later I got the card.  I have three US Bank cards and now that I think about it none where auto approved.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.