Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMEX approved!!!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

USAA AMEX approved!!!

Loving USAA! Went on a little mini app spree tonight as I am moving in the next couple of weeks and wanted to take advantage of reporting a lower rent, and avoid the hassle of having to verify my address, etc. 

Anyway, I applied for USAA's Wounded Warrior Project total rewards AMEX and just got the email that I was approved! $6,000 CL! They beat my highest CL of $5000 from BoA. So thrilled that not only did a get an excellent card, but I also formed a relationship with USAA (though I am not a full member) and I personally love WWP and all that they do...I'm honored to show my support every time I swipe that card.

I also applied for the FNBO AMEX card as I kept getting pre-approvals...it's still pending. I won't be broken up if they don't approve; USAA is the one I really wanted, the rest were just kinda "eh, what the hell" moments as I won't need to apply for any more credit for at least 6 months from now, so I might as well fill out a few more.

I also applied for BBVA Compass Clearpoints card, again, because they were hounding me with pre-approvals (I'm such a sucker Smiley Tongue )....I've heard that they don't instantly approve? If that's true, then I'm still in it. I just got the message when I applied that it's being reviewed.

Last but not least, I applied for the PenFed 5% cash back card...denied. Smiley Sad BUT, I did get into PenFed, just not approved for the card, so I guess that's something. Reasons cited were something along the lines of "minimal experience paying installment loans [I have student loans in deferment], balance too high, and length of credit history [I'm only 21 and my oldest card is ~2 years old]. I'm thinking I may call and ask if my application could be manually reviewed. Has anyone had success with this?

Regardless of whatever else happens, I got the card I was really shooting for with my highest limit yet. I would say this has been a success! Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: USAA AMEX approved!!!

Grats.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 26
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

Grats.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! I'm still waiting to hear from FNBO and BBVA. I will post when/if I hear!

Oh and I forgot to mention I also applied for and was accepted into a local Florida CU. I'll probably apply for a CC as soon as my account is opened. I'm going to be purchasing a car probably in the next 6 months so I wanted to establish some relationships to better my chances.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 26
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, hope the other two come back with approvals! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 26
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I applied on 2/10 and got approved for the same card $12K...then thought about it and went back online and applied for a Mastercard and got approved $2.5K!!! USAA only checked my EQ which only has 5 inqs...I'm in the garden..still have Amex to conquer...next year, as i'm in the garden....Congrats again! Love USAA~~

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 26
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 6 of 26
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I love USAA, but just wish their credit card rewards were more competitive.

Message 7 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm so happy for you! It's a wonderful feeling getting approved for a card that you really, really want. Congrats, and enjoy your new card! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 26
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Well, it looks like I went 2 for 4. I called BBVA and they informed me that I was approved for $5,000 CL. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, I was not approved for the FNBO AMEX, but no biggie. I haven't yet received the reason why, but I may recon when I receieve the letter. I'm also thinking about recon-ing with PenFed, or maybe applying for a lesser card since they use the same pull for 90 days. 

Regardless, I am satisfied. Got two new cards with big limits (for me) so I'm happy!

Photobucket
Message 9 of 26
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@Floridastate - I don't see the Wounded Warrior Project card as being an AMEX, I see the link for the MC. Can you PM me the link for the AMEX please? Also, partial members can app for this correct?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.