Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
PRose123
New Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

I applied knowing full well that i shouldn't but...😓 Not an immediate denial. Whaaa? 👀 Decision in 10 days...🤞🏻 But I want to know now. Clicked on the link. 🤡 Denied! At this time...blah blah blah...🗣 I wasn't even pissed. 😂🤣 27 inquiries, 34 new accounts, multiple recent CLI's 3 maxed out cards because I just paid unexpected taxes and went on vacation... 💰 50% overall usage. I should have checked the backer bank - it's Barclays. They hate me. Don't know why - I've never used them. Good luck to everyone else.

World's Worst Gardener
Message 41 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

No recon?
Message 42 of 333
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm a huge fan of 3% cash back travel cards, but I don't get to play this time due to an old Juniper account that was charged off back in the "good 'ole days".   Smiley Frustrated

That said, it would be interesting to see if the blacklist applies to this new offering as well.  I fully expect that it does; in any case I'm leaving that for somebody else to experiment with.  Smiley Wink

Message 43 of 333
estukay
New Contributor

Uber Credit Card Approved!

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 8.55.34 PM.png

Stats:

TU Score:740 (Discover )

Util %: 7%

Inq: 0 

Total Accounts: 9 

Recent New accounts: 2 

I am so excited to put my phone bill and online subscriptions on this card and Dining too since i am a college student.

Decent starting limit, I hope it grows as this is my first Barclaycard. 

I am so exicted. Now I will garden until next year or something good pops up. 

This one made so much sense for me so I'll take the inquiry on TransUnion.

Any questions let me know.

Message 44 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score in low 700s, 100% on time payments, no badies, 3% util, applied and approved for 6 cards just 5 months ago, 10 new accounts last 2 years, 7 inquires on TU (which they pulled). Apped and no decision, called and appproved for $2.4k. CLI and didn't pass, the guy asked me why I had so many recent cards and I said I just wanted to buffer AOA down the road (might have been too honest). I then asked and moved some credit from my Barclay Upromise card which I barely use, and in the process he commented that that's a good idea since I do have a lot of unused line on that card (so that might be a factor of not giving me larger line). Total exposure with Barclay is $9k.

Message 45 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@estukay wrote:

Stats:

I am so excited to put my phone bill and online subscriptions on this card and Dining too since i am a college student.

Do you have any cards with Barclay before this? What's the CL on them if so?

Update: sorry I was an idiot you already answered that

Message 46 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@estukay wrote:

Stats:

Congrats!!  Same here, my other reason for this was for my iphone 8 insurance, netflix, spotify and Amazon prime.

Message 47 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Score in low 700s, 100% on time payments, no badies, 3% util, applied and approved for 6 cards just 5 months ago, 10 new accounts last 2 years, 7 inquires on TU (which they pulled). Apped and no decision, called and appproved for $2.4k. CLI and didn't pass, the guy asked me why I had so many recent cards and I said I just wanted to buffer AOA down the road (might have been too honest). I then asked and moved some credit from my Barclay Upromise card which I barely use, and in the process he commented that that's a good idea since I do have a lot of unused line on that card (so that might be a factor of not giving me larger line). Total exposure with Barclay is $9k.

Lol, sounds similar to my situation "you haven't use your card for a while, want to move some credit around?"

Message 48 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the Uber card doesn't offer 5% back on Uber purchases?  How...weird.

I assume the best cashback card for Uber is US Bank Cash+ with the transportation category applied?

I'm not too interested in this one but adding it to my rewards calculator "app" so it pops up in case there might be a reason to get one in the far future!

Message 49 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a denial, assuming due to BK13, but really want this card. I have no history with Barclays. Any recon advice before I call?
Message 50 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.