Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a denial, assuming due to BK13, but really want this card. I have no history with Barclays. Any recon advice before I call?

How recent is your BK13? My ch7 is from 10/2010

Call, it wont hurt.  Just make sure you know your credit profile very well, mention how you learned to manage your credit, convince them that they can trust you basically. The number is posted on my first comment on page 1.

Message 51 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called, he was really nice but still a decline. I should have waited until Jan when my TU will be clean (via EE). He said my new accounts post BK need to mature a bit. My score is around 665, in Jan it'll likely be over 700, so I'll give it a shot then.
Message 52 of 333
gabeerwin
Contributor

Jlgab... I was declined also even with recon. 662 TU, BK13 from 2013. They didn’t really care about any of that but just said I added a lot of credit over the last year.

I have an existing account that I have been running a lot through and making big payments. Thought that might make a difference.

They were nice but ultimately it was a no. It’s even my birthday and that angle just got a chuckle. Lol.
Message 53 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED!!!
741 TU
29INQ’s
16 new accounts
I knew it. Recon UNSUCCESSFUL +3 lol
Message 54 of 333
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Failure!  Apped, denied, called for recon ,denied.

lol said i have too many new accounts.  Forgot I was denied a few months back for the jet blue card also.  Getting old sucks Smiley Happy

Anyhoo, congrats to all that received this.  

Message 55 of 333
fmctatum
Valued Member

@gabeerwin Happy birthday!

Message 56 of 333
gabeerwin
Contributor

@fmctatum Thanks!
Message 57 of 333
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

My app went to pending and was later approved for 8.8k after calling recon. Rep confirmed information, and like OP I was able to move my old lines to the Uber.

The Rep confirmed that I didn't use my Sallie Mae, and Cash Forward. I asked to move both the credit lines to Uber and they agreed. Got a starting line of 8.8k.

Are lines over 5k siggys? I logged into my account and the card pictured says Visa Signature. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I've had 9 inquiries on TU, lower income 5 figures 20-28k, 3% utilization, no baddies, and 2 new accounts in the past 6 months.

Edited for grammatical errors.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 58 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied and got the 10 day wait screen.  I called in and was manually approved with a $1,000 limit, but I called back requesting a line increase and was granted a new limit of $6,000, tying the card with BOA and Amex for my highest limit.  I was very put off at first, especially after being denied by Cap1 for the Savor card a week prior, but I've ended up in a very favorable situation.

My data points: 

AAoA: 8 months (No joke)

Accounts opened in the last six months: 2 (Amex BCE: 2 months, Amex ED 6 months)

Inquirires on TU: 2 (6 months ago, 1 week ago)

Util: 39% - Carrying a higher than average balance on both Amex cards because I can, and a balance on BOA that will be PIF by end of month

Message 59 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sabrewulf152 did you close Sallie Mae card? Everyone I know on other forums wishes they apped for it when it was still around because it's has (or had?) some rewards category no one else did.
Message 60 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.