Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Has anyone who wasn't a previous Uber user able to get this card?

Honestly don't think uber use has anything to do with getting approved for this card.  Yes I use uber but i didn't apply though the uber application and I doubt uber shares any information with Barclay's whom are uber users, etc.  Based off your credit only IMO

I agree.  I've never used Uber before, but I was approved for this card earlier this week.  I'm guessing that most people who apply for this card will be Uber users though.  Outside of credit forums like this, I wouldn't think that most people would know about the card.  Here are some of my data points.

Uber Visa approval: $5,000-APR 15.99%. The approval wasn't instant, but I received an approval email within 30 minutes of applying.

Stats before applying earlier this week:

Accounts opened in the past 6 months: 1 (Chase Sapphire Preferred in October 2017)
3 new accounts in the past 12 months
4 new accounts in the past 24 months

TU FICO Score 8 from Discover: 784

Utilization: 1%

Inquiries (TU): 5

Approximate AAoA: 5 years

Barclays cardholder since Oct 2014 (no issues whatsoever with Barclays)

Other Barclays cards: Rewards WMC (formerly Arrival Plus) $17,500-APR 12.99%

I have since moved $10K from my Rewards card over to the new Uber Visa card (making it a $15K card).  Also, the image of the card online shows "Signature" underneath the Visa logo, so it appears to be a Signature card.

Message 101 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time Barclaycard app, approved for 11k - largest limit to date! My largest lines outside of Barclays are an $8100 (with CL transfer) BOA TR and an $8000 Citi DC. TU FICO8 749. Fifth new line opened this year.

Message 102 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card does look nice, the little glowing squares change colors if you move it around under the light. Not bad Barclay!

Message 103 of 333
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Card does look nice, the little glowing squares change colors if you move it around under the light. Not bad Barclay!

Oooohhhh shiney!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 104 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied online, got the 10 day notice. Called in for Recon, the rep said that my age of accounts is low and thats why they couldn't instant approve me. He looked into my credit report in detail and said that he is approving me for $10k since I have zero late payments on my report. Smiley Happy

Excited for the card!

Message 105 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied online, got the 10 day notice. Called in for Recon, the rep said that my age of accounts is low and thats why they couldn't instant approve me. He looked into my credit report in detail and said that he is approving me for $10k since I have zero late payments on my report. Smiley Happy

Excited for the card!

Congrats!!  That's a nice limit considering you had to call.

Message 106 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!  That's a nice limit considering you had to call.

Thanks!

Yeah, I wasn't hoping for a $10k approval when I called in Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went ahead and sent the verification last week for the app. Got a call few days ago and i was approved for 9k. Called Barclay and asked for a recon for the SL; asked for my annual, employer etc. and was approved for what i wanted...15k CL! Pretty good outcome imo after having to send verification which i really had 2nd thoughts about doing.

FYI: If you were given the verification option, chances are you did get approved AND they already have your CL at hand...they just need that added verification that you need to mail to their P.O Box. So if you are having 2nd thoughts about sending your info, check first to see what CL you are approved for and if you think its worth sending those personal documents.

Message 108 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my eye on this card (before going into the garden) and now it shows up EVERY time I open the uber app to order a car -__-

So those who got approved for the card, how are you liking it so far? How fast is Barclay with the cashback rewards?

Message 109 of 333
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my eye on this card (before going into the garden) and now it shows up EVERY time I open the uber app to order a car -__-

So those who got approved for the card, how are you liking it so far? How fast is Barclay with the cashback rewards?

IDK about the sign up bonus since I just received my card recently but the rewards points posts with the transaction. I see them added to my total available points immediately. 

Message 110 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.