Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

TU: 750

Account opened last 6mo: 1 in Aug/Sep

Inquires in TU: 2

UTL: <2%

Got approved last month, CL is only 1K tho, sad

But I guess it's understandable given that I'm still a student, and my credit history is quite short(the oldest card is less than 2 years old)

Message 121 of 333
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to say that i'm loving the card for sure!! I didn't have a 4% cash back for restaurants so this is great.

I added the following to autopay so that i can meet the $5k/year spending and receive $50 back...comes out to around $416/month spent:

1. Sprint

2. Spotify

3. Netflix

4. Cox Cable

5. Home Alarm

6. Dog Insurance

7. San Diego Gas & Electric

You know I thought about doing the same (pushing towards that $5000/year spend), but then realized it's effectively a 1% cash back, and just really not worth it unless everything you can put towards that $5k only nets you 1% on other cards you have. (which seems to be the case for you, so good for you Smiley Happy)

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 122 of 333
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Approval: 13k

756 TU

14% util

No inq's since Oct 2016

Excited for this card!

Edit: Visa Signature

Message 123 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane wrote:

You know I thought about doing the same (pushing towards that $5000/year spend), but then realized it's effectively a 1% cash back, and just really not worth it unless everything you can put towards that $5k only nets you 1% on other cards you have. (which seems to be the case for you, so good for you

Don't forget this is the extra 1% you are getting back on top of the base minimum 1% (could be more depending on which categories you are spending). So the cashback is effectively at the minimum 2% for the $5k.

Message 124 of 333
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@arkane wrote:

You know I thought about doing the same (pushing towards that $5000/year spend), but then realized it's effectively a 1% cash back, and just really not worth it unless everything you can put towards that $5k only nets you 1% on other cards you have. (which seems to be the case for you, so good for you

Don't forget this is the extra 1% you are getting back on top of the base minimum 1% (could be more depending on which categories you are spending). So the cashback is effectively at the minimum 2% for the $5k.

Ah yes very good point! 

I think the most accurate to put it then is it's potentially 2% cash back on "everything else" provided you can hit the $5000 spending requirement. Hmmm time to see what other utilities/bills I can pile on...

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 125 of 333
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Was approved with online application but ended up having a TU & EX pull.

Message 126 of 333
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Congratulations! Would you share your data points with us? Thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 127 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Congrats!  Yes, your data points would be great.  Specifically, was there a specific to your knowledge of why they pulled both TU & EX?  That makes me nervous.  I'm about to app for this card and I would not app for it if I think it's going to be a double pull.

Message 128 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

Congrats!  Yes, your data points would be great.  Specifically, was there a specific to your knowledge of why they pulled both TU & EX?  That makes me nervous.  I'm about to app for this card and I would not app for it if I think it's going to be a double pull.

Both times Barclays issued a HP for this card, only TU was pulled.

Message 129 of 333
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Stats for my double pull:

TU 814 Ex 778

7 TU inquiries (last 12 months)

11 EX inquiries (last 12 months)

Utilization 1% (PIF unless I have a 0% offer)

Income north of $150K

Credit Line $4,800 given

Total Barclay exposure now $49,100

Went for card to get 4% dining

Message 130 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.