Not applicable

Re: Uber card Approval odd’s

You will be declined. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're also losing anywhere from 30-40 "free" FICO points by not having an installment loan reporting low balance remaining.

You should do the Alliant SSL Technique ASAP (see my 11 rules signature link).  It'll boost you a lot since you don't have an open installment loan, and it's cheap, and it doesn't use an inquiry at all -- and it lives for 5 years.

With two recent collections, very little will scores increase with an installment loan. Certainly not 40 points.

Message 12 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're also losing anywhere from 30-40 "free" FICO points by not having an installment loan reporting low balance remaining.

You should do the Alliant SSL Technique ASAP (see my 11 rules signature link).  It'll boost you a lot since you don't have an open installment loan, and it's cheap, and it doesn't use an inquiry at all -- and it lives for 5 years.

With two recent collections, very little will scores increase with an installment loan. Certainly not 40 points.

Agree mabe 5 points tops if no installment loan already exists. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1...
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op asked a question and it was answered. We’ve seen similar profiles with baddies get approved for cards that were surprises. Takes some guts to post on this side of the forum, let’s not run them off Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection and an unpaid tax lien and the SSL boost was double digits but I'm not home this weekend to see what it gave me. Was significant enough to be valuable even with derogatories.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Op asked a question and it was answered. We’ve seen similar profiles with baddies get approved for cards that were surprises. Takes some guts to post on this side of the forum, let’s not run them off Smiley Happy 

Who's running them off?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.