Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual CSR recon call?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Unusual CSR recon call?

Hey folks -- I applied in-branch for the Chase Sapphire Reserve last Friday, and got the 7-10 day message. I called recon this morning, and after a brief hold to review the app, he came back and said that he had no update, and that no further action could be taken on the app at this time because it is still in "system review." He said it could be up to 30 days before I would receive a decision by mail.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Anyone know whether this sounds like eventual approval or eventual denial? I know I'm under 5/24, current scores are EX 722 and EQ 775 (which were the two that were pulled). I do have one baddie still left on EX (unpaid auto C/O from 2010); EQ is totally clean. 15% util and 5.5 yr AAoA.

Thanks as always for any help!

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unusual CSR recon call?

you can always call the automated line for the "most up to date" info.

And if info about that line's response is of value here, 30 days actually means it is pending and can go either way.

Message 2 of 6
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unusual CSR recon call?

Thanks so much, GloeJohn.

Update -- I was approved!

Don't have CL / APR details yet, since I just got the news from the robolady, but once I get everything in the mail I'll update the Approvals thread :-)

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 6
trnj88
New Contributor

ice, cRe: Unusual CSR recon call?

Nice, congrats! What did the robolady say before it told you that you got approved? Did she say "7-10 days" or something else?

Trying to find reason to disbelieve the "7-10 day = denial" myth Smiley Happy I'm also waiting for a Chase approval.. initially got the 30-day message, but robolady is telling me 7-10 on the automated line.

Message 4 of 6
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: ice, cRe: Unusual CSR recon call?

Thanks, tmj88!

Here's the timeline in my case:

Applied on Friday, in-branch, rep told me it would be 7-10 days.

Monday morning, I called the auto-line, got the 30 day message

Monday afternoon (patience has never been one of my virtues ;-) I called the live recon line, and was told my app was still in "systemic review" and it could be up to 30 days before I had an answer. Nothing they could do to action my app then.

Tuesday morning, called the auto line, still said 30 days.

Tuesday afternoon, called the auto line, said "you have been approved!"

So, the only time I was told "7-10" was in the branch. Otherwise it was 30-day messages till approval. Hope this is useful and good luck in your case!

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: ice, cRe: Unusual CSR recon call?

This thread is now locked to new messages, but the party continues over at:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Sapphire-Reserve-Approved/m-p/4892084

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.