Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of the 60 day 3x CLI from AMEX...no go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update of the 60 day 3x CLI from AMEX...no go

I accidentally (by miscalculation) requested a CLI a bit before the 60 day date. When I went back well after the 60 days (about 10 days) I was denied again. The reason being because I had already been denied on a previous request. I can now not request one for 90 days. Any one else have this issue. I'll wait and see what the letter says as this answer came from a CSR. Disappointing but I'll live. lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Update of the 60 day 3x CLI from AMEX...no go

Typically amex $1k cards with a weaker file have to pay their dues up to a year before CLIs happen. There's exceptions, but very rare.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

from what it seems, if you were approved for the introductory offer, even if you get 1k limit, you will get an increase at 61 days.  for the people who were denied but was offered modified terms, those are the ones that aren't getting CLIs

Message 3 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

from what it seems, if you were approved for the introductory offer, even if you get 1k limit, you will get an increase at 61 days.  for the people who were denied but was offered modified terms, those are the ones that aren't getting CLIs

Not even close....

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no?  i hope thats not the case.  ive gotten a 2k limit and hoping to get it to 6k in a couple of months.  i hope im not apart of the list.  

Message 5 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

My sis started with 1k limit , and when it was time for the 3xCLI , she was offered 2k instead of the 3x limit .
Message 6 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Which is still really good IMO
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I definitely got the sign on bonus. I'll just wait and see. Didn't know about the low limit thing but I guess that makes sense.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, I've had my $1k Delta since 10/215...denied every CLI request since then due to lack of history with Amex on some and others citing credit score before I went over 700. I think the person that mentioned getting over a year in, might be on to something from a personal view.

Ohh as a data point...DH got his BCE 04/2016 and already got a CLI when he tried the 3X it wasn't that..but they did take him from $4.5k to $6.9k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.