Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated-Approved! Barclay's Priceline- Pending App/Further Review

tag
LilNYC
New Contributor

Updated-Approved! Barclay's Priceline- Pending App/Further Review

Applied for Barclay's Priceline visa & got the dreaded "your app needs further review" msg. Couldn't get a hold of an analyst since they don't work on Sunday. Spoke to 2 diff. CSR who didn't have any info on my app. The check application status webpage just says that they are in the process of reviewing my app. What are my chances for approval? If it's a denial then wouldn't I have gotten a "denied" msg after I submitted my app? Did something on my app trigger a red flag? Does Barclay's always do manual reviews?

Credit Profile:

1 Baddie: Paid tax lien of $350 from 3.5 yrs ago

Overall Util : 23%

3 cards @ 43%-45% util.

2 Inquiries (1 from 8 months ago & 1 from 5 months ago) Oldesst acct: 10.4 yrs ago (backdated Amex only reporting 4 months of activity)

Newest Acct: 1 month (2 accts)

No loans/mortgages/car leases

7 total open (indiv.) accts

Accts opened in the past 8 months:5

Credit lines range from $3,100- $15,000

A few really old AU accts

TU Fako 701

(Please note, that the last 2 cards in my siggy aren't reporting yet.)

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your priceline rewards Visa Card application. Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay's Priceline- Pending App/Further Review

@LilNYC wrote:

Applied for Barclay's Priceline visa & got the dreaded "your app needs further review" msg. Couldn't get a hold of an analyst since they don't work on Sunday. Spoke to 2 diff. CSR who didn't have any info on my app. The check application status webpage just says that they are in the process of reviewing my app. What are my chances for approval? If it's a denial then wouldn't I have gotten a "denied" msg after I submitted my app? Did something on my app trigger a red flag? Does Barclay's always do manual reviews?

Credit Profile:

1 Baddie: Paid tax lien of $350 from 3.5 yrs ago

Overall Util : 23%

@3 cards @ 43%-45% util.

2 Inquiries (1 from 8 months ago & 1 from 5 months ago) Oldesst acct: 10.4 yrs ago (backdated Amex only reporting 4 months of activity)

Newest Acct: 1 month (2 accts)

No loans/mortgages/car leases

7 total open (indiv.) accts

Accts opened in the past 8 months:5

Credit lines range from $3,100- $15,000

A few really old AU accts

TU Fako 701

(Please note, that the last 2 cards in my siggy aren't reporting yet.)

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your priceline rewards Visa Card application. Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

Well, I would call the backdoor number in the morning. But your util is pretty high and you have 2 new accts within the last month And 5 new accts in the last 8 mos. Barclays doesn't like to see you looking for a lot of new credit. On top of your util, it's questionable. The rep will probably ask you why you're opening so many accts, so be ready with an answer... Like you're establishing credit, wanting to get cards with better rewards, etc. 

Whether you're approved or not, you might want to try and CLI some of your CCs to lower your util, as well as paying them as much as possible. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 3
LilNYC
New Contributor

Re: Barclay's Priceline- Pending App/Further Review

Update- Just called recon & they said my app wasn't processed yet & they transferred me to a diff. dept. Basically, the hold up was a security measure b/c my credit report showed a new address (what I figured all along). Once I verfied my address & phone # the rep submitted my app & boom, approved for $6,400! 

Surprised that Barclay's gave me $2,400 more than Discover, would've thought that they're the more conservative bank. Plus my EQ report is slightly better than my TU one.

Should I try & recon the limit, was hoping for $8,000 so that I can do a $6-7K balance transfer without maxing out the card. Afraid that might be pushing my luck, especially since human eyes would see that my 10 year old Amexs are only reporting payment activity for 4 months.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.