Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Bank cash+

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Us Bank cash+

Hello everybody! This is my first time posting on here and I actually just purchased my three bureau scores today. I really want to get a US Bank Cash+ credit card but I feel like I'd get declined because of my inquiries. My transunion score is 748 and it says that I only have 4 inquiries but I know that has to be wrong. I applied for the cash+ credit card last year on December and it got declined because of too many inquires and that was short after I aquiered about 8 synchrony credit cards which are all closed. I haven't applied for a new card that pulls transunion for a good while now but I feel like it might not be enough and US Bank pulled transunion last time. Currently I have five credit cards                 Amex Everyday-10,000

Amex Blue Cash Preferred-2,000

Citi Costco Signature Visa-8,500

Discover It Chrome-2,000

Gap Visa-1,000

overall I have below 10% utilization. Advice is what I'm looking for. Also my credit is super clean just very young. I'm 21 years old and my average history is 9 months. 

As of 11/28/2018
17 REPLIES 17
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Us Bank cash+

They've relaxed the requirements and now issue visa signature cards with lines well below $5000. I had about the same score, the same number of cards, and roughly the same AAoA in August and was instantly approved for the FlexPerks which likely has similar requirements.

Message 2 of 18
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Right but I did apply last December 14th and they declined it Smiley Sad
As of 11/28/2018
Message 3 of 18
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Just gonna go into the branch today and get a checking and apply for the card and see what happens.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 4 of 18
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

So I went and opened a checking account and then the guy told me that since I had an old auto loan and I'm getting a checking account they did a soft pull on my credit and they recommend me to get a credit card so I did and then the guy said since it's past 6 the didn't give him a response but he'll call me tomorrow to tell me what the response was. Since he said they recommended it because they did a soft pull should that be an approval?
As of 11/28/2018
Message 5 of 18
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

There's no guarantee for anything sadly, but good luck with your approval! I think based on your scores you definitely are in good standing to get the card.

Message 6 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on going in to the branch. That's one of the recommendations I have for people.

It is likely they will give you a card, although don't be surprised if it is not a Cash+ quite yet. And don't be discouraged if it is not a Cash+ just yet.

Plenty of people here (myself included) have PC'd another US Bank card of lesser rewards into a Cash+, after some history. US Bank likes to have some history with most folks, and that history makes their better products available.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you haven't applied for a credit card in at least 6 months, i'd say you have a good chance of approval.

US Bank uses 04 Bankcard scores, and the 04 scores can really drop if you have a recent credit card on your reports. Well, at this point you just have to wait and see.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 18
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Having a deposit account with US Bank is very helpful in getting approved for credit products.   When I opened a checking account with them, they gave me a pre-approval offer for the cash+.   Good luck.

Message 9 of 18
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

So it was turned down because of the amount of inquires. Kind of irritated because the banker told me that it should be an automatic approval and he really made that a big deal when I was there. When I talked to the underwriter she was pretty rude telling me that my new accounts are pretty excessive and that I need to show payments rather than accounts even though those accounts are all closed and I have a spotless payment history that's over two years old.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.