NP27
Established Contributor

Re: Usaa Recon

Anyone?
Message 2 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

USAA does not recon. This option was available many moons ago.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Yeah, their decision is final.  USAA while great for some things isn't very 'flexible' when it comes to credit.  

Message 4 of 15
NP27
Established Contributor

When I apped it said it went to review but looks like a computer generated denial letter.  IDK.  I should have waited.  My EQ fico jumped 30 points since Jan 3 when I apped....time to garden

Message 5 of 15
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

I tried to get a consideration for rewards and it was a no I have to wait 18 months

Message 6 of 15
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Yeah, their decision is final.  USAA while great for some things isn't very 'flexible' when it comes to credit.  

Tell me about it, my limit on my mastercard started off at $1500, then I got an Amex which started off nearly double that at $2700. When I was able to finally go and do a CLI on both Amex granted me ~3X increase to $8500, while USAA on granted me another $1k to $2500. Also they wont really let you make many changes, I wanted to get a world mastercard and they basically told me I would need to reapply and get a minimum of a $5k limit to qualify. I love them for their insurance and investments, but the only reason I keep their credit card is because its the only non Amex I have.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 7 of 15
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Jarrodpd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Tell me about it, my limit on my mastercard started off at $1500, then I got an Amex which started off nearly double that at $2700. When I was able to finally go and do a CLI on both Amex granted me ~3X increase to $8500, while USAA on granted me another $1k to $2500. Also they wont really let you make many changes, I wanted to get a world mastercard and they basically told me I would need to reapply and get a minimum of a $5k limit to qualify. I love them for their insurance and investments, but the only reason I keep their credit card is because its the only non Amex I have.

Yea I have the classic with a 500 CL no rewards no cash advances or balance transfers.  I have a capital one quicksilver. My issue the USAA was the first card so i dont want to close it anytime soon. At first i was really excited to just have the credit after starting my rebuild but now with capital one i tend to use it more even though the CL is 300 So they told me the same  Below is the message they sent.

Thank you for your message regarding your Classic Visa card. I will be happy to assist you in understanding the limitation of this account. The following transactions cannot be processed with a USAA Classic Card:

• Balance Transfers
  • Cash Advances (including the funding of deposit accounts/overdraft protection)
  • Convenience Checks
  • Credit Limit Increases
  • Addition of Rewards Programs

Please note USAA will systematically review your Classic Card account after it has been open for 18 months.  At that time, if your credit profile has improved and you qualify, we may graduate the account by adding the Tiered Cash Rewards Program and removing the annual fee along with any transaction restrictions. You may also qualify for a lower Annual Percentage Rate and a higher credit limit after a review of your account.
 If your account is upgraded, you will receive a notification along with the new terms and conditions. Your existing account will be upgraded, and will not require a new card at that time. Please note, since the review is systematic we do not know when this review will be processed and we are unable to request the review.

Please take the following into consideration to help you improve your score and your chances of having your account upgraded once it has been open for 18 months.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

well Usaa i not like (yoda talking)

Message 9 of 15
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well Usaa i not like (yoda talking)

Yea LOL.  Well I will just have to work on something else in the future.. I really dont like their rewards after you read the fine print.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.