Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture DENIED UPDATED TO INCLUDE CHAT SESSION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture DENIED

@Skye12329 wrote:
There isn't a backdoor number. But you can email the EO and have them call you. If you do decide to try and recon for a manual review with the EO. It is another HPs. I called them recently regarding my denial and she said it would be another HP and couldn't look at the original pulls since this is their protocol she said.

Actually, there is a backdoor number right to the EO. I have used it and it worked. I got the EO to PC all Capi 1 cards and do CLI's.

Message 41 of 77
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
There isn't a backdoor number. But you can email the EO and have them call you. If you do decide to try and recon for a manual review with the EO. It is another HPs. I called them recently regarding my denial and she said it would be another HP and couldn't look at the original pulls since this is their protocol she said.

Actually, there is a backdoor number right to the EO. I have used it and it worked. I got the EO to PC all Capi 1 cards and do CLI's.

Is it listed in the backdoor numbers?  If so, which one?  If no, can you send it to me?

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 42 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be in the Backdoor Numbers page. If not, I can send it to you.

Message 43 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand your frustration with the denial and the chat rep but getting upset from dealing with a rep on chat isn't ever going to accomplish anything.  I can't think of any chat rep that is going to help with a denial, whether it be CapOne, Amex or any others.  Your only approach after the denial is to contact the EO office.  No sense in beating your head against the wallet with a chat rep.  You need to put your energy elsewhere.

Message 44 of 77
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Do not bother with the chat like Irish said. They aren't going to overturn your denial and you will just get frustrated.

Try the EO...I don't know how great Capital One is with recons but since you took the HPs you may as well try.

Message 45 of 77
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture DENIED UPDATED TO INCLUDE CHAT SESSION

I believe the way you were speaking with the representative was very rude. You stated you disagreed with their decision, which he most likely confused with disagreeig with what they saw. You also said TransUnion had an error on it, so he probably just guessed you meant a late payment. I'm 100% sure he could not see your report and was just inferring based off of what you were saying. Becoming offended because he "accused" you of having late payments was unnecessary. He apologised more than once and you still proceeded to berate him. In the end your decision was not overturned, so what did you gain?

I'm not sure why you didn't just upgrade it and use it until the annual fee comes again. What benefit is there to keeping the card with no rewards vs upgrading to one with them? 

Message 46 of 77
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Do not bother with the chat like Irish said. They aren't going to overturn your denial and you will just get frustrated.

Try the EO...I don't know how great Capital One is with recons but since you took the HPs you may as well try.

I did the chat with Lowe's and Amazon and both received nice increases.  I see that Capital One chat is not the same as Synchorcy.  I thought I read on here where chat was the EO but obviously it is not.

I won't try a recon with the EO.  After 'chatting' with that guy that has access to my social security number and other personal informaiton I don't see Capital One as a company to keep my business with regardless of what the outcome could or couldn't be.  I believe as consumers we have the right to make choices.  My choice is to not do business with Capital One.  I have 2 Visa's through 2 different credit unions who shows they value my business.  One of those cards has a 10k limit so that will be my card if I ever have to carry a balance.  I have a Discover card which has treated me nicely.  I travel and thought the Venture card would be a good fit.  Obviously, the Discover Card will be better.   The thing I am wrestling with is my Menards card.  I use it all the time!  I charge and pay it off every month.  I like the 2% rebate.  I guess Discover also offers 2%.  Lowe's offers 5% off.  I like Menards prices.  But time to cut the card up.   It is like American Express - I have read on here where out of the blue people face an AA or their card is just cut off for no known reason - usually right when you are trying to pay for a clients lunch or similar embaressing sitution.  I won't apply or ever use an American Express.  I read and research what I can and make an educated decision based others experiences and outcomes.  Possibly someone else will be researching Capital One and they will read my experience and make a decision to do or not to do business with them.  Having a card wtih a certain carrier for 'eliteness' is not important to me.  Having a relationship with a bank/credit union for service is what is important to me.  Our needs are all different and I understand my needs maynot align with someone else's.

If I contact the EO it will be to let them know that they should probably flag someone in the pre-qual after they deny them.  I cant' believe that I it is still coming up as pre-qualified.  That is a simple computer programming solution.  After a denial they should flag it for X amount of days, weeks or months to not popup any offers.  

I didn't take the upgrade to the Quick Silver One because at that point I had already decided I wouldn't use my current card again.  The card will be closed in December before the annual fee comes due.  They might close it earlier due to no activity.  I will let it sit until December because in the long run it will help my AAoA.  

CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
Message 47 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're making  too big of deal about still being prequalified after the denial.  One is from marketing and the denial is from underwriters.  No preapproval from any credit card company is a guarantee.  It's your choice not to contact the EO office but you're wasting the hard inquiries. Also, same thing about American Express, your choice but your putting far too much weight on account closures or AA on their cards.  Millions of people use their cards without any problems and with any company you run the risk of AA if you do things that puts them on notice.  

Message 48 of 77
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@Kathy4NU wrote:
none of my reports are froze. I know they pull all three but pulling TU twice? ??

That seems odd....... I applied for both yesterday and they did a TRIPLE PULL TWICE! one for the Venture then again for Quicksilver, and I applied within seconds of each other LOL

Capital One ALWAYS with a Capital "A" pull 3 reports at once PER card unless it's a co-branded card like GM. Yes, it stings like hell!Cat Sad

No true. When I first got my QS1 and Plaintum they pulled all 3 reports ONCE for both cards not ONCE PER CARD.  I applied about a few minutes in between each other. 

Perhaps I got lucky or I'm not the norm. 

Message 49 of 77
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Someone said they would be interested in knowing why I was not approved.  Got an e-mail today with a link.  Letter is below.  My income is 53k.  I didn't ask for a particular amount so that part of the letter is weird.

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital One®. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed on the back of this letter - we cannot approve your request at this time.

The reason(s) for our decision are:

• Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, income is insufficient for requested credit

If you feel we missed something or misread your information, then please write to us at P.O. Box 30280, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0280 and include your Application ID number referenced above. (Please note: we recommend you contact the credit agencies first to ensure they have accurately reported your information to us. Contact information is provided on the back of this letter.)

We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but we hope there is an opportunity to provide you new products and services in the future.

Sincerely,

Capital One Customer Care Team

Message 50 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.